Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid question

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:35 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

I'm sure this is a stupid question please bare with me.

I'm trying to get my total for weight loss. This is how I been doing it is it wrong or right.

I go from my start weight (273) subtract my current weight (254.2) which is 18.8 pounds. Which I think is ok not as good as some of you but it's something.

However, I was told I should be doing it by week/month. Say I lose 1.2 punds then I gain 1 pound and then I lose 3.6 pounds (March) so my total for that month was 3.8 pounds lost.

Therefor I add up my totals at the end of the month. Jan 4 pounds, Feb 5.7 pounds, March 3.8 pounds for a total of 13.5.

Which was is right or does it really matter.

Thank you.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom2Jack04
by Group Admin on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:24 PM

I always just go with starting weight versus current weight.....i've had a few bouts of sickenss where I didn't workout and it showed with a gain.  But I don't let that deter me, nor do I subtract that to just re-add it as I lose it again

hempknotter
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM

i agree with this.

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

I always just go with starting weight versus current weight.....i've had a few bouts of sickenss where I didn't workout and it showed with a gain.  But I don't let that deter me, nor do I subtract that to just re-add it as I lose it again

::::::::::light it up BLUE:::::::::::
Support Autism Awareness

2boysnaprincess
by Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I agree I think it is best to go with tthe start weight, that way you are not deterred by gain weeks.  Even when you watch shows like the biggest loser, they do the weekly weight, but they also make sure they mention the overall, it seems to encourage the contestants.  Plus as women we all know there are weeks were a loss is virtually impossible....damn hormones!!!  lol!

Marimaru
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I do starting weight vs current weight, and I also figure out my lbs per week average.  I started at 260, my current weight is 246, and my weight loss rate is 1.4 lbs per week average.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)