Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking for groups - online or in person!

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:20 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 512 Total Views
I am moving to VT in June and am looking to find any groups for moms in Burlington/surrounding area. Are there any facebook groups for VT moms? or babywearing? or cloth diapering? I am going to check out LLL when I get there too. We will be in Essex :) thanks!
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mamak3211
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Welcome! there is a "moms of chittenden county" group on facebook and a "VT kid swap" group but that one is just for buying/selling/exchanging baby/kid goods. kidsvt.com has lists of playgroups, storytimes, etc. I used to go to baby yoga classes at evolution yoga in downtown burlington. It was a lot of fun but we just got so busy from our recent move (from North Hero, VT) that we stopped going. I also did infant swim lessons at the Y in Burlington. I have a friend in Essex that signed up for swimming with her son, but I'm not sure where it is but it was only for Essex residents I believe.

Btw, My name is Kristin, I live in South Burlington and my daughter is 14months old.

walkingmama
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:01 PM

yea!! thank you - i joined :) my daughter is Flor and she is 9.5 months :)

melissasue38
by Group Owner on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Also the website Findandgoseek.net has a bunch of Vermont resources!

I'm Melissa I have two boys ages 6 and 3

VTmommies
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Hi! Welcome to Vermont! My name is Melissa and I am the owner of VT Mommies - an online magazine and social club for Vermont moms. We share tips, articles, recipes, etc. It's fairly new, but our goal is to create a network of local moms to share - Vermont mommy stuff! You can check it out at VTmommies.com (We have a pretty active Facebook page as well.)

We focus mostly on moms, but Find and Go Seek and Kids VT are both fantastic resources for finding kid/family-friendly events and things to do. I use both regularly and they're both extremely helpful.

Oh - and I have two little ones - a 3-yr-old girl and a 9-yr-old boy.

~ Melissa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)