Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WELCOME

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 11:32 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 596 Total Views

Well I will start off by introducing myself... My name is Jen. I am 24 years old, I have 4 wonderful beautiful children that I wouldn't trade for the world... but I would trade the body they gave me!! lol. I am 5'6. About 150 lbs. Not too bad, but there is so much to be worked on. I have so much baby weight still left on me and I cannot seem to shake it. It has been almost 2 years now since my last child was born and I have been struggling with the weight ever since. I am a SAHM so I barley ever get out, go out with friends,go to the gym,etc etc so usually I take care of the kids, cook, clean, and snack almost all the time. I just get sooo bored and it almost seems like I cannot stop myself from getting more and more snacks. Even when I am full and feeling SO full I will still get more snacks! My weight really bothers me. It really effects my life! I am tired of being this way and I know I can change I just need some help and support.... AND that is why I created this group!! So please if you have joined, take the time to introduce yourself and tell us your story  =)

** I want to post a before pic, but I'm hoping more mom's will join before I do so. Get to know everyone first before we start =)

by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsKuhn
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Hello. My name is spirit I am a 21 year old sahm of a wonderful 15 month old active little boy :) i love him dearly but he ruined my perfect body :/ I was 5'4 and 90 pounds after my Pregancy I weighed 175. ( I retained A lot of water) after he was born I was 165. I lost ten pounds when I was breastfeeding but after 6 months I had to stop bf and went on bc. Depo shot to be exact. And now I'm back up to 165. Hate my body all my strechmarks and that dumb muffin top and the fat face.

Needless to say I'm on a strict diet and thank goodness the hubs is going on it with me becUse I am a chocoahoic (sp) I Loveeee sweets and food. Anyways thanks for this group it will be nice to have people help keep me on tract and acceptable and share tricks And what works. :))
mrsrowland86
by Group Owner on Jan. 3, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Welcome Spirit!! I am sooo glad you joined my group!! The more ppl the better!!! And I feel sooo bad for you!! Because the same thing happened to me with my first! I was 110 lbs size 3, super flat stomach, all the girls hated me!! lol. Then I got pregoo with my daughter, went up to pant size 13 and came out weighing about 165 lbs!! I couldn't believe it..luckily I did lose it all in a year! But then years later I had my son Jeremy, lost all of it rather quickly and didn't gain much, same with my son zayden but then last but not least my little Ryker came along and I cannot seem to shake this weight at all. I so feel you, I hate my body, i hate all the stretch marks and rolls where their shouldn't be rolls!!! LOL.  Well I am always here to lend a helping hand or shoulder for you to lean on if you ever need it... think about craving a snack??? hit me up, I will convince you not too!! LOL

ashcash17
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Hello, my name is Ashley and I am a 23 year old mama to a beautiful 5 month old baby boy who is the light of my life but has also left my body looking in the dumps.  I have always had as they would say "some meat on my bones" but was healthy.  Right after I had Kayden, for the first two weeks I didn't have an appetite and was losing weight due to breastfeeding but I started having some milk production problems and had to stop.  But now it seems like all I want to do is snack and I am back up to 180 pounds.  I have this muffin top and excess skin around my belly from birth and it absolutely drives me insane!!!!! My resolution for this year is to get back in shape and feel good about myself again. 

I really want to thank you for starting this group so that we can support each other and reach our weight loss goals :)

mrsrowland86
by Group Owner on Jan. 4, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Hi Ashley!! Welcome to the group and thanks soooo much for joining!!! I hope myself and other members can help you acheieve your goal!! You deserve to be happy with your self and we are here to help!! =) Please pass on to your friends about our group. Once we get enough ppl in the group we can start the before pictures and start like a challenge to start together. Im thinking about waiting until next monday to see how many woman join by then. Plus its not like if ppl join afterwards they can't still join in on the challenge =) Hope to hear more from you =)

stacey7710
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Hi, my name is Stacey. I am a SAHM to wonderful 2 y.o DS who is my heart. However, I cannot blame my chunky butt on my pregnancy because we adopted him! lol Secretly, I did use that excuse when he was first born! lol I have decided that I am no longer dieting but changing our life style. We eat out too much and I must quit snacking! I have no other excuses and it will be nice to share it with others. Good Luck fingers crossed

mrsrowland86
by Group Owner on Jan. 4, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Hi stacey!! Welcome to the group!! i am at a SAHM mom as well so I understand all the stress of that!! And I definatly understand all the snacking!! I hope myself and the others here can help you acheieve your goal of becoming healthier. One of my bad habits is eating out way too much too, its just so quck and easy and no mess at home... at least no dishes! Glad to meet you and can't wait to hear more from you! =)

iluvmykidsxoxo
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Hi,my name is Dana i too am a SAHM of 3 wonderful little girls that bring sunshine to each and every day. Before i had them i weighed 115 at 5' 7 after having my first child i weighed 130 second child 146third child 168 uuggghhh i never thought i could gain weight so fast by having kids boy was i wrong & funny thing is before ever having them i could eat whatever the hell i wanted & not gain a bit of weight. I'm not too unhappy with my weight because i try to look at the beauty in myself no matter how big but i would at least like to lose about 20 pounds. Hope i can get some great support from others to reach my goal!

treadmill

scaredoflabor
by Group Admin on Jan. 4, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Im Caitlin and im 21 years old and looking to lose weight. i will say that I have an issue. I found out today that Im pregnant. But im hoping to stay in this group to find ways to keep weight off(not lose weight just eat healthyer) I have a 2 year old daughter and a 15 week old daughter and before i had kids i was 170 pounds at 5 foot 9 inch tall. Im now 212.4 pounds. As of newyears ive cut out all soda and juice and only drink water and a little milk. Ive cut out all deep fried foods except the occassional sweet potato fries. Im also a vegetarain but i do eat seafood while pregnant due to doctor saying i eat bad so i need to eat seafood at least. Im looking forward to getting to know everyone. and losing weight with yall this year. My goal is to be back to 170 by the end of the year. since im due sept 5th ill have to keep up on not gaining weight then excersize like crazy after that

noahsmommy16
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Hello, my name is Rylie I am a 16 year old full time working mother to a 1 year old son who I am absolutely madly in love with. My job is a desk job and I don't get much exercise, I have a problem of when I am REALLY focused on a project or something I tend to reach for the food. I am 5'5" and my pre-pregnancy weight was 180 I gained 60 lbs with my pregnancy and have only lost 35 lbs. I am working my butt off (litterally) to get down to my goal weight of 135 lbs (ish) so far I am on day 4 of my diet and exercise and it is going GREAT! What I don't get it how this BEAUTIFUL wonderful child of mine left my body so raunchy! LOL. I have stretch marks out the yin yang along with rolls in places I didn't even know rolls could get to.

Thank you for creating this group it will be nice to be held responsible. :))

mrsrowland86
by Group Owner on Jan. 4, 2011 at 4:28 PM

WELCOME Dana, Rylie & Caitlin! Thank you so much for joining and sharing your stories with us!!  I am hoping for a big turn out from the group! And so far so good, just spread the words with your family and tell them to join the group! Like I told another mom I want to start our first  challenge on Monday, and add before pictures ( for those who are comfortable with it ) and get started!!! I am very very excited and can't wait to see where all of this takes us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)