Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Differences, laws, etc to get started

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 169 Total Views

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions and hope some of you will have answers for me...

Those of you who are currently working from home/online, did you have to do any special paperwork in order to be able to work from home & get started?

What's the difference (if any) between an independent contractor, a self-employed person, a sole proprietor, and someone who works from home?

Do you have to file estimated quarterly taxes or other things like that (social security, etc)?  Does it matter if the work is purely online?

Where can I find local/state laws & ordinances regarding working from home?  I was told that some areas are very strict about having residential areas having people who work from home (unless they are employees who telecommute or whatever).

Lastly, I'm interested in working from home, but it has to be something that does NOT cost me anything upfront or monthly, otherwise it defeats the purpose of "working" when I'm "paying" for it.  Can someone suggest a few jobs/info & point me in the right direction? I'm overwhelmed with the info I see here as it is. :-)

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:26 PM

With the business I do, all you do is claim your income at the end of the year.  Not sure about others.  You should check out the one I chose.  I can usually find a reason to not do these business plans, but with this one, I couldn't say no.  It is 100% free to try, with no purchasing required, so people have nothing to lose to try it.  You only get one customer, then sign up other affiliates and help them do the same.  A simple plan, that builds you residual income from your organization.  My group is building this quickly.  Hopefully this will be something you would like to try.  Thanks in advance for taking a look at my website for more information. 

Hope you find something that is right for you             

by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Well actually you''re kind of incorrect, see those who pay..OWN their business, its not a job.

So you aren't going to find anything like that and make a real money without some out of pocket...and people DO PAY to GO TO WORk, like gas, daycare, hair, nail, uniforms, clothing, lunches all of those are necessities to work but people dont think about them..

It really depends on what you are and are not willing to do..

I file a 1099 at the end of the yr and i just save all receipts and stuff like that...

I dont know any laws anywhere that prevent people from working at home, unless it was like Daycare..

I make a FT income 20 hours a week working in my dining room,

by on May. 20, 2011 at 8:24 PM

There is a small start up fee, but no annual fee. If you are interested, I would hold your hand the entire time. Please feel free to contact me anytime!

by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Hi, There are many laws and ordinances regarding any business not to mention overhead,taxes,employees ect. Now if you pick a home based business you can step over some of the red tape as the company has done that for you. Many companies have Buy ins and that pays for those things but still cost less and result in less headaches than you would spend otherwise. I got all that and more with our busienss. They have taken care of all the problems and headaches and enable us to make money immediatly. No years of being in the red. Conventiopnal business is losing its edge and in this economy people are looking for a better way. We concentrate on helping the average person build on their dreams and hopes for the future. I would love to tlak to you about the company. No strings attatched. You don`t have anything to lose. NO RISK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)