Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shopping around

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:40 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 152 Total Views

Hey ladies I'm looking for an opportunity to work from home. My kiddos will be starting school next week and we need some extra income. We can't really afford child care ATM so I figured I would look into working from home. It really doesn't matter what it is as long as I don't need a lot of space (my house is small) and it has flexible hrs. ANY information or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3rdsacharm2011
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:02 PM
In this economic slow-down we are no longer able to buy things we once could, price has increased.  I am a Mother of two and one on the way and I need to contribute to my family's income.  I am paying off my debts and feeling empowered...here is why:

No selling

No inventory

No quotas

Not a MLM- believe me, I've done one, just came out of one actually.  They're a joke!

YOU are helping people with their: financial, personal, environmental and physical wellness!

Financially sound

Strong management

Unique consumable products

High reorder rate

Home is where want to stay. I specialize in helping moms stay home! truly amazing company, flexible hours. :) I'm working it right now! Haha
Corilyn1221
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Something unique and still in it's growing phase as one of the top home-based businesses is Scentsy. We have won Direct Selling awards for the last 3 years now and continue to grow and proserp. We just opened up Scentsy internationally in Germany and the UK. 

If you have not yet heard of Scentsy and are not sure about these products, please visit my website at:   www.corihill.scentsy.us 

This company is such a wonderful and charitable company that lives by their motto, "Give more than you take". I encourage you to just check it out and let me know if you have questions about this terrific business. Wickless and flameless candles that leave out the soot and smoke from regular candles.

Hope you are able to find something suitable for you and that you enjoy what you choose. As there are numerous opportunities out there. =)

ShanaRN
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Hi,

I am an RN and I own my business with Xpress Healthcare and work from home.  We are a discount health benefits company.  We provide a low cost alternative to people who can not afford insurance or do no qualify for insurance.

If you are interested in working for a reputable company in the healthcare industry, I'll be happy to help.

Shana Bates, RN
Xpress Healthcare, ABO http://www.shana.xpressabo.com/

IvetteMuller
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM

If you like to meet with people and have fun, you might consider Thirty-One Gifts.

We're a direct sales company in business since 2003 and we are looking for consultants all over the U.S.  The main way to sell the products is via home parties, but you can also have catalog parties and sell via your website. 

If you'd like more information you can go to www.MamasNewBag.com to see the products we offer and how to get started.  The new consultant kit is $99 and you get more than $300 worth of products and supplies.  Feel free to send me a PM or an email from my webiste. 

If selling really isn't for you, then I would recommend www.WAHMForLife.com where you can download a free report on how to start your own virtual assistance business from home. 

Good luck!  I hope you find what you're looking for!

All the best,

Ivette Muller Independent Consultant 915-274-3232

ZanderandBella
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:49 PM

If you are interested in a business (not everyone is), I have two that I do that I love equally. Check out the websites and if you want more information or have questions, let me know! www.wicklesswithnickless.com and www.mywildtree.com/nickless

LoriSnyder
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I have a business that helps non profits.  I've worked with non profits for years and it's hard to see them struggle so much in this economy.   With my program, they don't have ask their supporters to donate money and they really like that. If you like working with community organizations you may enjoy doing what I do.  It pays great and the income continues every month for each organization you help.  You can see it here

Message me for more information

Lori

These tools have exploded my work at home biz.  I'm getting twice as many leads with the same amount of work.  They can help you too. 

Here is a great example of a very effective lead capture page

Feltzfelt
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:09 AM

I work with a company called Enchanted Potions and they hand craft various bath & body type things as well as home fragrances. They wil also custom label your items at no extra charge and all their prices are reasonable (like under $10) It's a small friendly company, not huge with lots of rules and restrictions about advertising, etc. and no parties! (Although you could if you wanted) 30% comission.  Super low quota to stay active but you will not have a problem with that since they have stuff people use everyday anyway like shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, shower gel, hand sanitizer, cologne, etc all in delicious fragrances like pumpkin swirl cheesecake, cherry almond, orange sherbet, toasted marshmallow and so on! If you sign up, please make sure you list me as your referral as the only down side is there is not a replicating website (but no restrictions on building your own) www.enchantedpotions.com  Vivian Feltz

Vivian

Queenie208
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Hello,

My name is Andrea. I read your post and couldn't wait to tell you about this fantastic company I am working with called "Soul Purpose Lifestyle Company." This company has products for Beauty, Body, Style and Spirit. But just to explain a little more...if you are interested in selling wonderfully scented candles that are all natural soy and can be used as a massage oil afterwards we have that. If you are interested in focusing on health and nutrition we have a line of daily nutrition and sports nutrition. If you are interested in selling spa quality products, we have shower gels, body custards, sugar scrubs and Shea butters in an array of fantastic scents. If you are interested in selling exotic coffees and teas, we have that as well. If you are interested in selling mineral makeup we have that as well. We also have added a new company that allows us to give away free Pharmacy Discount cards to people and every time they use it we get paid. How many people you know turn down something that is free?

And lastly, if you wanted to do all like I do...you can do that as well. If you are interested check out my website at: http://www.divine.soulpurpose.net/.

Andrea Bearam-White
Soul Purpose Lifestyle Company Manager

JewelrySuzanne
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM

I am a consultant for Just Jewelry.  We sell stylish jewelry at affordable prices, with everything under $30!  Consultants earn 50% commission right from the start, and there are no sales minimums to stay active.  We do home parties, catalog parties, fundraisers, and individual sales.  The company did a pre-release of a few of the new fall/winter items, and the full catalog will be out in less thana month.  There is a lot of excitement over the new line, so now is a great time to join.

Suzanne Stevens, Just Jewelry Senior Consultant
Beautiful jewelry priced under $30.
sstevens@itsjustjewelry.com
www.justjewelry.com/suzannestevens
www.facebook.com/justjewelrybysuzanne
661-699-6859

Healthywahm
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Hi,

I don't know if you are looking for a job or a home based business. If you are looking for a business where you can be your own boss and choose your own hours, I have something you might be interested in.  I work with an International  health and wellness company called Isagenix.  We are the world leader in Whole body Nutritional cleansing (NOT colon cleansing), Cellular Replenishing and youthful aging. (We have Nutritional cleanses, protein shakes, nutrition products, weight loss systems, skin care, and anti-aging products just to name a few.)  We have replicated websites, free training (and I personally help people on my team) We have systems to follow, so you don't have to be an expert on anything!  Take a look at my website, check out a few videos and see if it's something that you might be interested in. I can answer any questions you have. (just send me a message.)

Linda

http://www.lroylance.isagenix.com/  (click on the isavideo tab, then click on the "Enterprising women" video on the right side of the screen.  Also watch "are you Toxic?" on the left of the screen.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)