Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Never hosted a party. Need help :/

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 4:49 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 689 Total Views

I just recently became a Scentsy independant consultant at the beginning of this month and really have no idea where to begin! I am new to this area and do not know anyone, which makes it hard for me. How do you all gain your clientel? Do you put your business cards and fliers on people's windshields, hand out fliers? I am so at a loss at where to begin :( I have a blog: jennyjennjen.blogspot.com and a Scentsy website: jennyfer.scentsy.us

How would you all recommend getting people to view my sites and get the ball rolling? I am super desperate here and would appreciate any bit of advice and/or help you are willing to give. TIA!

~Jennifer

by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Healthywahm
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, I'm not gonna be much help, my business is more of a "word of mouth" kind of thing, people hearing my story and then they want more info.  flyers never worked for me, ads worked sometimes, it was "hit and miss".  I know the scentsy lady in my neighborhood sends out "event invites" on facebook and then has an open house. 

Any Scentsy ladies out there that can tell her what's worked for you?

Linda

Healthywahm
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

Corilyn1221
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Jennyfer, first off welcome to the wonderful world of Scentsy!!! I have been a consultant for almost 2 years now and love it very much. When you registered did you sign up under someone you knew who sells? 

A good start would be to email everyone in your email address book with your scenteriffic news. Include your website information and the special of this month- warmer of the month and scent of the month. Have them go to your website and register to receive the monthly Scentsy newsletter.

I would use business cards every where you go. Leave them in restrooms, when you can, when or if you eat out leave your cards at the table with the tip or just to leave it- like at fast food places. Going through the line at the gorcery store or department store talk with the cashier and see if they would be interested in learning more about Scentsy by doing a show for you- whether it be a home-show or a basket party. 

If you would like to chat more about this feel free to message me here or my regular email at: allforme3966@gmail.com. I would enjoy the opportunity to help you get things rolling =)

Jennyfer
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Quoting Corilyn1221:

Jennyfer, first off welcome to the wonderful world of Scentsy!!! I have been a consultant for almost 2 years now and love it very much. When you registered did you sign up under someone you knew who sells? 

A good start would be to email everyone in your email address book with your scenteriffic news. Include your website information and the special of this month- warmer of the month and scent of the month. Have them go to your website and register to receive the monthly Scentsy newsletter.

I would use business cards every where you go. Leave them in restrooms, when you can, when or if you eat out leave your cards at the table with the tip or just to leave it- like at fast food places. Going through the line at the gorcery store or department store talk with the cashier and see if they would be interested in learning more about Scentsy by doing a show for you- whether it be a home-show or a basket party. 

If you would like to chat more about this feel free to message me here or my regular email at: allforme3966@gmail.com. I would enjoy the opportunity to help you get things rolling =)

Hi, thank you for getting back to me :) I am signed up under someone. I met her on here actually when I was trying to find a work at home career. I've only just signed up this past September 1st and haven't gotten one order. I am new to this area and no NO ONE where I am at all! So it's hard for me to set up parties when I don't know anyone near by.

Thank you for the idea of how to drop off my business cards as I'm out :) I like that.

How are things going for  you after doing this for 2 years? Was it easy for you at first?

ZanderandBella
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Craft fairs! And Facebook.

Heather- Air Force Wife, Mom of two, WAHM with Scentsy (SuperStar Consultant!!) and Wildtree (All natural foods)! Watch Ads. Get Paid- Group Owner. Consultant Connection Group- Admin
I'm proof that you can work from home mostly online and with your kids around!

Corilyn1221
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Hi Jennyfer, glad I could help with some suggestions. I am moving at a slow pace. I want to have a steady foundation before I become a Director, which my goal is to be one by the end of the year! =) I love this company as I can do it when I have the time. This past summer was bad as far as sells go. It seems that everyone struggled this year. Economy didn't help either, lol.

Always keep your chin up and a smile on your face it helps to get through those tough spots you will find yourself in on occasion. =)

You can also use the WOTM/SOTM fliers to pass out to the neighbors and people you run in to at the gas station and stores. Strike up a conversation with someone and be honest. Let them know that you are new to the area and have become a Scentsy Consultant and need someone to help you get your business off and running. Have them simply invite 5 to 10 friends over so that you may take the time to share with them the Scentsy experience.

Challenge yourself to talk to at least 3 people a day and take it from there. Please don't hesitate to ask me about anything. I will do my best to answer your questions and help you out.  

Corinna Hill

Star Scentsy Consultant

"When the love of power is overcome by the power of love, the world will know peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Jennyfer
by on Oct. 4, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Thank you so much, and I will let you know how things are going for me as they come. Hopefully they'll improve soon! :)

XOXOArmyWife
by on Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:41 PM

My blog has a lot of ideas: http://themodernarmywife.blogspot.com/

Have your own first party; invite everyone on your facebook & then you can ask them all to bring a friend to get more sales. Ask schools or daycares if you can do fundraisers.  Id try to find local health fairs or craft cazaars; ask can you set up a booth.

nitajoy33
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM

How wonderful that you are the only 1 in your area!!!  Your potential is HUGE.  My Scentsy girl has been in my area for 2 years and you should see her customer base!  She has over 350 repeat customers.  I LOVE the stuff and my suggestion would be to find local vendor events (where lots of other companies show their products).  You have picked a great product to sell you just have to teach people about it.  I myself picked Just jewelry which is also a very new company in my area and it hasn't always been easy convincing ppl that it is for real and the jewelry is good.  Don't give up....have a open house and invite everyone you know and even hang up flyers here and there to get more ppl to come.  Once they try it they will love it too.  Good luck!  justjewelrygirls@hotmail.com

MrsClemons
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Jennifer do you have a facebook? I would love to add you to all the great scentsy groups we have. They have tons of flyers and tips to make the most out of your business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)