Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Certified Teacher, Motivational Tutor and Single Mom

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 53 Total Views

Hello my name is Jocelyn, but some of the students with whom I've worked with call me Ms. Jay.

I have a A.A. in Liberal Arts and Childhood Education (Medgar Evers graduate) and a B.A. in Childhood Education and Children and Youth Studies (Brooklyn College graduate). I am a Certified Teacher of N.Y.S. I am currently attending Silberman School of Social Work @ Hunter College, where I am pursuing a Masters in Social Work (MSW) to work with the Children, Youth and Family population.

I have 9 years of experience working with children and youth. As part of my work, I've tutored students in Language Arts (including English, reading, vocabulary, writing, and homework), Math (elementary math), Test Prep (ACT Math, ACT Reading and test taking strategies/skills). I've also tutored students in working on self esteem issues surrounded around classroom participation, team building and confidence while completing homework and exams.

Besides tutoring, I also have experience as a afterschool teacher, mentor, substitute teacher, teaching assistant, summer camp supervisor and director. I have plenty of experience with working with all ages and various populations.

Working with children and youth is my life. As a teacher, tutor, mentor and mother, I believe that there is no student that is unteachable nor unreachable. Giving up is not an option. Students need to feel cared about, believed in and given the tools to make them successful in this crazy world that we live in. My method of tutoring is formatted to fit the individual student because no two students can be taught or tutored the same way.

I hope to hear from you, so that we can began to put your student on the track of many accomplishments!

Jocelyn

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)