Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birthday cake

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 365 Total Views

Where can I get a birthday cake made.... other than a sheet cake?

I am thinking that I was going to make it myself but recently had the thought... that is a bad idea.

I am needing a 3d type of catle for a princess themed party:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=princess+%2b+cake&qpvt=princess+%2b+cake&FORM=IGRE

Group owner: Maury County (TN) and area moms      Proud Member: Daughters of Abraham

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pam19
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM

You could call or write this person (she's a friend of a friend of mine). I had a piece of one of her cakes at my friend's baby shower, and it was yummy and very beautifully done.So far, we've used Publix and Target, but we just did sheet cakes. If we decide to do anything more elaborate, I was considering calling her myself.

Cakes by Casey

615-500-6132

CakeLadyCasey@Gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/SweetCeCesSpringHill?ref=ts&sk=wall#!/cakesbycasey?sk=info

pam19
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Oh, wow! I bet she could do that cake. Check out this castle cake I just found on her FB page!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=486620940055&set=a.412417155055.208215.400369310055

My friend's cake is the one with the edible handmade lambs. It was so cute. :-)

hendrickson
by Group Owner on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:17 PM

thanks!!

hendrickson
by Group Owner on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I called and emailed... just waiting on a reply now. Thanks again! That picture you found on facebook wouold be perfect!

pam19
by Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:47 AM

You're welcome! Hope it works out!

UkeMom86
by Admin Candidate on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:17 PM

publix is really good about making specialty cakes. a cake like that is probably just a small circle cake on top of a square cake...and the towers are probably styrofoam covered in fondant...or just plastic. that is a pretty cake though! i dont think it would be to tough to make, you could always go to hobby lobby and get the materials and some advice.

hendrickson
by Group Owner on Mar. 30, 2011 at 2:52 PM

the other lady was too busy so I was thinking about going to hobby lobby to check it out today. I was also thinking about using ice cream cones... im just really nervous about doing it myself (expectally with my family telling me not to)!

UkeMom86
by Admin Candidate on Mar. 31, 2011 at 12:20 PM

just start simple and build onto it! use a ruler for the straight lines. and yes icecream cones are a great idea. you can frost them and roll them in sprinkles to get the same effect! just take ur time. it will be a ton of fun   :)  i cant wait til my daughter has a birthday! im gunna go crazy decorating!

hendrickson
by Group Owner on Apr. 11, 2011 at 8:53 PM

So I waited too long to get someone so I ended up doing it myself...

pictures of my little one's cake:

hendrickson
by Group Owner on Apr. 11, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Group owner: Maury County (TN) and area moms      Proud Member: Daughters of Abraham

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)