Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

as close as close can get....

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 215 Total Views

I'm a newbie to the group, I have a Beligian Malinois! :) Pretty close to a german shepard! Any one else have a Mal around here? (far fetched as i'm in the german shepard page) :)

by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyL7
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Our lil one! :)

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM

No sorry only Shepherds here.  And I must say Mals are great working dogs.  But way different then a German Shepherd.  I have some some very good one including one that did Dog Dancing.

underHISwing
by Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:21 PM

So is you Malinois vocal?  Our trainer has some he's raising for clients, and boy are they whiny... saying that, my shepherd is pretty whiny too LOL!

EmilyL7
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM

She is EXTREAMLY vocal. shes not whiny except for when either my hubby or I leave but it only takes a min for her to calm down and find something to do! lol.. But VERY vocal! Its fun to have a convo with her and get lil responses.. lol

Quoting underHISwing:

So is you Malinois vocal?  Our trainer has some he's raising for clients, and boy are they whiny... saying that, my shepherd is pretty whiny too LOL!

EmilyL7
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Yes they are FAB working dogs! :) we love having her around.. Its so hard to find a community for people who actually have them for a personal pet. I know it was far fetched but worth a shot! :)

Quoting NancSBRN:

No sorry only Shepherds here.  And I must say Mals are great working dogs.  But way different then a German Shepherd.  I have some some very good one including one that did Dog Dancing.

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I have known only a few  that had them as pet because mainly they end up driving them crazy with the insane working drive most of them have. I have seen on or two calm enough but their owners spent a lot of time with obedience at first :) There are exceptions to every rule.

Shepherds are very vocal too.  She is a beauty and welcome to the group.

Nanc

EmilyL7
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I wont lie she is a lot of work, but sooo much fun we have a very active outdoorsy family so she fits in perfect, but we have started protection work, and we are also thinking of doing detection.. :) Thank you and i'll agree with the beauty statement! :) 

Quoting NancSBRN:

I have known only a few  that had them as pet because mainly they end up driving them crazy with the insane working drive most of them have. I have seen on or two calm enough but their owners spent a lot of time with obedience at first :) There are exceptions to every rule.

Shepherds are very vocal too.  She is a beauty and welcome to the group.

Nanc

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM

They have that new Sport called NOSE WORK now she would probably be good at. Let me know if you do it.

We do personal protection with our dogs :)

Nanc

EmilyL7
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 1:53 PM

she's a feen when it comes to training time! lol But i will let u know. the breeder is a trainer for police work and personal protection, and he's done a fabulous job with us so far, and when we see him next i want to bring it up because shes just now starting to do really good at finding lil things around the house when i hide them! :) mostly toys for now. But i'm also 25 weeks preggers so i dont work with her as much as the hubby doe... I do the small things.. :) She's def turned out to be a wonderful blessing to our family! 

Quoting NancSBRN:

They have that new Sport called NOSE WORK now she would probably be good at. Let me know if you do it.

We do personal protection with our dogs :)

Nanc

Mommyof2114
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Awww adorable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)