Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad New for those of us feed raw diets how do we stop this !!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 299 Total Views
1 mom liked this

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/articles/very-bad-news-for-raw-feeders.html

Guess the Pet food industry is behind this BS.

Nanc

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
elfwolfe
by Group Admin on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:25 PM
This is all over my the pet law lists and raw feeding lists I'm in, it's aggravating how we are losing each and every one of our rights little by little!

I wrote the AVMA telling them that I had one dog who has had allergies since she was 6 months old, and was placed on raw after finding out it was caused by grains in kibble and since then we have had no issues, even her vet says she looks amazing. I asked them should I put her on prednisone and Benadryl for the rest of her life because you want to do the commercial dog food industry's bidding?

I hate that my rights as a pet owner and a parent are being taken away, next it will be my right to bear arms.... Oh, wait.... Obama is already working on that one too! Maybe I should consider moving to a new country, or I could win the lottery and buy an island! :-)

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000), (Snoopy)

It's funny how dogs and cats know the inside of folks better than other folks do, isn't it?
Eleanor H. Porter (1868 - 1920), Pollyanna, 1912

Maybe coming clean is the ultimate selfish act. A way to absolve yourself by hurting someone who doesn't deserve to be hurt. Cindy Chupack, Sex and the City, Don't Ask, Don't Tell, 2000

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I honestly do not see how such laws could even be enforced. I can go to the grocery store or order meat from wholesaler and no one would know if I feed it to my DOGS or not for crying out loud. I guess we just start lying to our vets about what we feed our dogs.

They cannot even shut down puppy mills a lot who have USDA licenses how the hell can they even dream of enforcing somthing stupid like this.

I do not get the one that say you cannot keep dogs in a house either WTF is that about excuse my language really. Who is going to come to my home and force me to keep my dogs in a kennel.  I know peope that import and export dogs all around th world really you going to tell them they cannot do that really?  Again no way to really enforce such stupid stuff.

elfwolfe
by Group Admin on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:40 AM
Sadly, the AVMA decided to pass it, but then again, we already knew that would happen with the commercial dog food and Delta Society backing this.

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000), (Snoopy)

It's funny how dogs and cats know the inside of folks better than other folks do, isn't it?
Eleanor H. Porter (1868 - 1920), Pollyanna, 1912

Maybe coming clean is the ultimate selfish act. A way to absolve yourself by hurting someone who doesn't deserve to be hurt. Cindy Chupack, Sex and the City, Don't Ask, Don't Tell, 2000

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)