Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whining and strong toy ideas?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:11 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 266 Total Views

I have a 16 month old GSD, 12 month carolina brown and 4.5 month GSD. Any tips on how to get my older GSD not to whine for attention? Plus she likes to hit and recently started boxing. She is a great watch dog and she is training the little one but dont want him to pick up on the whinning. Also any ideas for stuffed toys that last more than half a day. They each have kongs but they like stuffed squeek toys but they just dont last.  We are currently in process of moving and they seem upset about that also. Luckly they will have a few months to settle before the baby arrives.  

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
erikays
by on Sep. 12, 2009 at 6:08 PM

idk about the whining but the toy thing my goodness is driving me nuts! he started chewing the bottom of my NEW couches!

here are a few we use at my work [pet hotel] and at home that last..

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3201256

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3204866

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3207115  (all of the orka toys are great!)

rise against Pictures, Images and Photos

lovemykids065
by Member on Sep. 13, 2009 at 11:42 AM

There is a catalog out and a web site sorry I don't  have the like but if you google fosters and smith they make all kinds of dog products. They even have a section for toys for bigger dog such as our sheps. I did find some very hard rubber ones out to pet smart but they sqeek like heck so if you can take the squeek..  I also cook up soup bones for the dogs for the chewing.

Good luck.

G

Crazyland
by Member on Sep. 22, 2009 at 7:15 PM

We love the cuz toys. Amazingly they have lasted the longest.

Mine will destroy any toy, black kongs and tires included! Have you looked into the thrift shops for cheap baby toys? Then you won't mind them destroying the toys so quickly.

Sorry I don't have any advice for the whining. They are a talkative breed. lol

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2009 at 7:22 PM

umm German Shepherds are Whiners sorry they are talkers to and love to sass you.

My dogs all act like they are dying sometimes when they want something and I am ignorning them lol

Or at dog class when they figure they have done enough obedience and want to do Protection now LOL

Just part of their charm sometime there are so many shepherd in class it sounds like a musical LOL

You could try citronella in a spray bottle with some water and a quite command sometime enough will work sometime not.

:-)

Nanc

LisaLulu
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 6:21 PM

My brother-in-law just gave us a dozen lacrosse balls - he is now my favourite person in the world.  I have spent a small fortune in dog toys for my GSDs and have been quite dismayed to watch a so-called "indestructible" toy be dismantled in 20 minutes.  But these balls are fabulous - the only danger being actually losing them, but with super sniffer here, we're okay until the snow falls (they are white...).  Apparently these are quite expensive for usual folks to buy, so I suggest you get yourselves to your local lacrosse club and make nice...trust me, they are perfect for our powerful chewers and they bounce well too (don't you just love to watch them jump?)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)