Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IMPOSSIBLE TO EXTREME COUPON IN WEST MICHIGAN :(

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 6:31 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 2401 Total Views

I swear it's impossible. None of the store in my city or any surrounding cities have the store rewards cards or double coupons...a few offer money off your next purchase but not too many. So basically I'm SOL right?

by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 6:47 PM

You can still do good with the sales and using coupons on the sale items. I always do that!

Gorilla_Mama
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Where are you at in west michigan? I'm in the South Haven area and I'm not extreme extreme, but I've managed to get a LOT of stuff free or pennies on the dollar. It's not totally impossible

rsrangel
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Here in Fl they don't double coupons and only 1 big store has a rewards card, but it's in the next city. I still manage to get great deals, just have to look. Do you have a walgreens or cvs up there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1979mommy
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Muskegon...we have a lot of stores but nothing that double coupons or has store rewards except for whatever it is that Walgreens and RiteAid offers

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

Where are you at in west michigan? I'm in the South Haven area and I'm not extreme extreme, but I've managed to get a LOT of stuff free or pennies on the dollar. It's not totally impossible

1979mommy
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 9:06 PM

We have a Walgreens but no CVS

Quoting rsrangel:

Here in Fl they don't double coupons and only 1 big store has a rewards card, but it's in the next city. I still manage to get great deals, just have to look. Do you have a walgreens or cvs up there?

newmom_007
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM

nope! Where I live none of the stores do double coupons but publix has B1G1 free sales and so does Winn-dixie and I stack manufacturer coupons with store coupons and get what's on sale. On my last trip I got $112 worth of stuff for $6.84

Gorilla_Mama
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Sounds about the same here. We have a Walmart, Walgreens, a couple (expensive) small town grocery stores, and that's about it. It sucks, and it makes us work a little harder at it, but in the last week I've gotten a $4 bottle of conditoner for 20 cents, 13 trial size deodarants with 3 cents each overage, and an order at walgreens of maxi pads and kids toothpaste that I earned $1.75 over what I paid in register rewards. Don't give up just yet, something is better then nothing right?

Quoting 1979mommy:

Muskegon...we have a lot of stores but nothing that double coupons or has store rewards except for whatever it is that Walgreens and RiteAid offers

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

*** Formerly Pudge_Pie20 ***

1979mommy
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I have a good thing I'm about to get. I have 2 coupons each for $1/1 Mueller's pasta and it's on sale at Meijer for $0.99...so I'll get 2 boxes for free with 2 cents overage :) I also have enough coupons for pizza rolls that I'll be getting 20 boxes for $9.90 (basically 2/$1)

jenke
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I live in Traverse City and there is also no place that offers double coupon days.  But kmart has their rewards plan and meijers has mperks.  I am new to couponing so I am still learning.

KylieBugsMommy
by on Apr. 28, 2011 at 12:25 AM

I'm in Minnesota, we have 2 grocery stores, a Walgreens, Wal-mart, Target & Kmart.  None of which offer double coupons or stacking coupons (I've heard that Walgreens does, but I've never done it).  Regardless, I've saved quite a bit of money just watching sales and using coupons but am looking for more ideas on how to save more.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)