Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you hang up items in your stockpile room?

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 4:19 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 449 Total Views

I was thinking of buying a peg board and hooks to hang up items like razors,floss,cough drops ect. How do ya'll hang up items? I really need to do something cause I have alot of things that need to be hung up and not lay around lol also how do you rotate your items, I read somewhere to write down each item in your stockpile that has an expiration I'm thinking of soing something like that.

by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I think it's a good idea.  I have mine in clear bins with lids. All the razors stand up and I can still see them and easily pull the whole lot off the shelf.

aidansmommy219
by Asst. Head Couponer on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:02 PM

i don't have a stockpile room...that'd be nice though. all the toothbrushes, floss, etc. are in a shoe box in a dresser lol. i was sick of them taking up space in my bathroom. now when we need new toothbrushes i just pull them out and the rest stay put.

armywife7885
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Would it be easier tO write the exp with a sharpie on the package? That way you could see just walking by?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1979mommy
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I have about 1/2 of my items on shelves and kept the rest in a big bin for the longest time. Now that I'm getting a little more organized I have seperated the "bin" items on the top of the pool table and I'm slowly getting enough smaller bins for each group of items. I still need 2 more shelves, I'll get them soon. One more to hold more food items, and another to hold the non-food items and the bins. They're the clear plastic with lids so I can see what's in them.  I'm so mad at myself now though. I used to have 3 of these hanging racks that you see in stores....like the kind you see at Walmart that rotate and you just hang the items on it. I got rid of them before I started couponing. Ugh! I would be able to hang sooooo much stuff!

DeniseGibson
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 9:28 AM
bump

MamaJane
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I think we might have the same system!

Quoting 1979mommy:

I have about 1/2 of my items on shelves and kept the rest in a big bin for the longest time. Now that I'm getting a little more organized I have seperated the "bin" items on the top of the pool table and I'm slowly getting enough smaller bins for each group of items. I still need 2 more shelves, I'll get them soon. One more to hold more food items, and another to hold the non-food items and the bins. They're the clear plastic with lids so I can see what's in them.  I'm so mad at myself now though. I used to have 3 of these hanging racks that you see in stores....like the kind you see at Walmart that rotate and you just hang the items on it. I got rid of them before I started couponing. Ugh! I would be able to hang sooooo much stuff!

ttcforbaby1
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 12:17 PM

These were great ideas ladies :) thanks!

laurag8707
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I want a peg board to hang everything on I plan to someday have a couponing room so I can have everything hanging up and organized and looking nice.

1979mommy
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I don't hang anything. I have 2 shelves and use the top of the pool table. LOL I kick myself all the time because I used to have a few of the spinning racks the stores have, that you hang things on. I sold them when I moved and now I could really use them!

nat7771777
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Thats what im going to buy a peg board
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)