Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!! I am new, and would <3 to better understand how to coupon

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:34 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 169 Total Views

My name is Kayla. I am 21 and have an 8 month old daughter. I have an honorable discharge from the army, currently going to school full time for nursing and work part time as a receptionist for the prosecutors office.

Now that I gave a brief summary, you see that I am doing alot of things but one thing I need to be doing is saving money. I need HELP to understand how to coupon and how to know what a good deal is and where I can find all of my coupons to help me.

PLEASE HELP

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaJane
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:59 AM

You learn a good deal by experience.  Get your coupons by printing them and from newspapers.  Talk to people around you and see if they get the paper but don't use the coupons.  The Indy Star has crappy coupons.  I get it anyway but my local paper is much better.  For instance this week the Reporter had 2 Smart Source inserts and a Redplum.  The Star had only the Smart Source. 

Kroger is a good place to shope locally.  Marsh has sales every now and then but Kroger is more consistant.  Both stores double up to .50 coupons (Kroger will only do 2 doubles on the same coupon).  Walgreens and CVS are also great places to start but they are more complicated.

lasombrs
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:15 PM
where do you live and what stores do you shop? following a coupon blog will help tons. they email you every day, tell you whatg the best deals are at what stores, what coupons to use, where they found the coupon, and what you should end up paying for items after the coupons
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcassidy9
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM

i live in indianapolis... and i shop at walmart, kroger, marsh, cvs, walgreens... i think that is about it.... but where do i find coupon blogs....

kcassidy9
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

how do i know if they will double or triple the coupons? and do i have to ask them to double the coupon or do they automatically do it? i told you i was new at this and seriously have no clue to what im doin...

tazmidgiefairy
by coupon mama on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM
look them up just type coupon blog I think there on called hip2save and coupining to Disney is one where she will tell emails to companies and what she got
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Quoting kcassidy9:

how do i know if they will double or triple the coupons? and do i have to ask them to double the coupon or do they automatically do it? i told you i was new at this and seriously have no clue to what im doin...

You can check their coupon policies.  My Marsh and Kroger double to .50, I would assume yours would to being they are in the same area.  Marsh has triple coupon events. I'll try to remember to post the next time I see one.  They are awesome! The last one was triple to a dollar. SCORE!

I don't use blogs, personally.  They add all kinds of crap to my computer.  I like to sit with the ad on my own and make my list from there. But before I used to go to couponing 101.  She isnt local but thats how I learned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)