Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B1G1 Question

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

I'm sure the answer is already in the group somewhere, but I've skimmed through all the forums and posts and don't see it. Harris Teeter has a huge B1G1 sale this week. I'm still new to couponing and I use several coupon databases to find all the deals. Most post the sale price, coupon info, then final price. I always do the math myself to make sure I understand how they're getting the total.

My question is, if it's a B1G1 offer and I have a coupon for $1/2, do I have to get 4, since that puts me actually paying for 2, or can you use a $1/2 coupon and only get 2?

That's the one thing that throws me off every single week. I go on databases and it looks like people are using a $1/2 coupon on a B1G1 product and only truly paying for the first one. I assumed since the second one was actually free that the store wanted you to get 4 so that you're actually paying for 2.

I hope I made sense lol. I tend to get thoughts in my head, then when I go to ask the question it doesn't seem to make any sense at all lol

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
HotMama330
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Is the sale buy one, get one free or buy one, get one 50 percent off?

This makes a big difference because store coupon policies vary.  If it's the second option, you can use your coupon.  Or if you had individual coupons, use one on each product.

If it's BOGO free, it would probably be best to check with your store's policies.  Locally here, one grocery store I shop at would take the coupon, another would not.

Hope that helps.

Connect with me.

kimberlync
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Thank you, that does help. The sale is buy one, get one free. I have a feeling my stores here are the same way. From what I could tell on the database, one store here will take it, but it looks like noone else will. I've looked at the store policies and of course there's nothing about it in the policy, so I guess I'll be hitting the customer service desk as soon as I get there!

Thank you so much for your help. Everytime I think I've figured my stores and coupons out, something comes along and throws me for a loop again lol

Quoting HotMama330:

This makes a big difference because store coupon policies vary.  If it's the second option, you can use your coupon.  Or if you had individual coupons, use one on each product.

If it's BOGO free, it would probably be best to check with your store's policies.  Locally here, one grocery store I shop at would take the coupon, another would not.

Hope that helps.

HotMama330
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM

You're welcome. 

I've been doing this for a while and stuff still throws me for a loop.  Recently, I found out the hard way that one of the stores won't accept Internet coupons over a certain dollar amount.  It ruined what otherwise would have been a great deal because I wasn't about to pay full sales price.

Also, sometimes the clerks aren't right at the check out either.  At Walgreens, a new cashier was trying to tell me I couldn't use coupons with a BOGO 50 percent off deal.  She said I couldn't use coupons to get something free.  I told her I wasn't getting anything free because I was paying for both items.  I kept insisting so she called her manager and turns out I was right.

Good luck with your shopping trip.

Quoting kimberlync:

Thank you, that does help. The sale is buy one, get one free. I have a feeling my stores here are the same way. From what I could tell on the database, one store here will take it, but it looks like noone else will. I've looked at the store policies and of course there's nothing about it in the policy, so I guess I'll be hitting the customer service desk as soon as I get there!

Thank you so much for your help. Everytime I think I've figured my stores and coupons out, something comes along and throws me for a loop again lol

Quoting HotMama330:

Hope that helps.

Connect with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)