Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you do extreme couponing? Im new to couponing period.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 300 Total Views
Hey guys. Im megan. My aunt just mailed me a big binder that was organized and nice full of coupons. not just for food, but also for cleaning supplies, health and beauty products, baby products like diapers and wipes, and dvds. Most of the coupons i probably wont use. My fiance and i like to buy certain things and we will only get the stuff we like. so how do i find coupons for only those certain things. not everything is in the newspaper. is there a website where you can sign up to receive coupons in the mail for free? Any tips and tricks would be very helpful because my aunt save over a hundred dollars everytime she steps foot in a grocery store. I have food stamps and we go through it so quickly that we would love to make the money strech a little more. any ideas?
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
CAmom75
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM
3 moms liked this

How awsome that your aunt wanted to help you out like that!  This is a great site, but I would really encourage you to follow a blog like TheKrazyyCouponLady.  And watch people on Youtube who are doing real everyday transactions, verses on that TLC show.  

Since you are on a tight budget, I really encourage you to step outside your comfort zone and try differant brands and products.  If you can get something for FREE wouldn't it be worth it to try?  Or even better, if you got PAID to try it???

When gathering coupons, you can cut out just the ones you think you'll use, and then file the rest.  If you can cheaply get multiple copies of the Sunday Paper coupon inserts, then you have it made.  But when you go to online sites like coupons.com, smartsource.com, or redplum.com, you can print only the ones you want.  And you can always print two of each coupon per computer.

One tip when using coupons with Food Stamps, is I always used to seperate out all my food from non-food items.  That seemed to ensure that my coupons wouldn't come off the total funny, and use more cash or more Food Stamps than I was aniticipating.  And don't forget to always use your store loyalty card even when using Food Stamps or WIC.  And you can use coupons with WIC as well.  Also, sometimes stores like Safeway in my area, would routinely run B1G1 specials on WIC approved items like bread.

Oh, and my biggest tip - I would shop weekly to take advantage of the most sales.  So if you get say $300 in Food Stamps, use just $75 per week and see how much you can get for that.  And even though I hated using my WIC vouchers, I would always save at least one per week, to keep my milk as fresh as possible.

Good Luck!

megan91
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Thank you! That all sounds very helpful. i cant wait to get my own computer and printer so i will be able to take advantage of those websites"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)