Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi everyone!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 264 Total Views
just wanted to say hi as I'm new to the group and kinda new to couponing. I'm 27 and have two boys, almost 8 yo and four months. currently a SAHM, and engaged. just want to save some money for my family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SCharbonneau
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Hi!! Im in the same situation, 9 yr old, 2 1/2 month old and SAHM. Last weekend I got 3 packs of diapers for $8 plus a $5 ECB. I got some other good deals but most proud about that lol.
Starshine-bela
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM
very nice! we cloth diaper here :-). hoping I can find good deals for my family too. any tips or advice?

Quoting SCharbonneau:

Hi!! Im in the same situation, 9 yr old, 2 1/2 month old and SAHM. Last weekend I got 3 packs of diapers for $8 plus a $5 ECB. I got some other good deals but most proud about that lol.
startingover82
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Hi. I am new to this group and couponing as well. I signed up online for coupons and will start getting the Sunday paper for inserts. I am doing "recon" as my fiance calls it to see if generic or store brand w/coupons is better. Have you tried shopping at dollar stores and save-a-lot or aldi?

Starshine-bela
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Yeah but I always forget about those, thank you

Quoting startingover82:

Hi. I am new to this group and couponing as well. I signed up online for coupons and will start getting the Sunday paper for inserts. I am doing "recon" as my fiance calls it to see if generic or store brand w/coupons is better. Have you tried shopping at dollar stores and save-a-lot or aldi?

SCharbonneau
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Quoting Starshine-bela:

I have alot of advice lol but I've only been doing this for 3 weeks but I've read everything out there on couponing and I like to do things to perfection so I would like to think I know quite a bit for a newbie. We have an Aldis here and we do our grocery shopping there if walmart doesn't have a sale that match coupons but Walmart is hard to coupon with. Also one shopping trip I went to aldis and wrote practically all the prices down for items we normally buy so I had something to work off. I've been scoring big at CVS for personal care items. Yesterday I left with 8 Pantene shampoo/ conditioner, 6 boxes of Tampax/Always, 4 power toothbrushes, 5 Suave men's body wash and 2 Almay mascaras and 2 four packs of Duracell C batteries and I paid $56 and received $23 ECBs so ill use that for diapers and formula but I could have used every ECB for each product and made separate transactions to bring my total to $33. Oh and my husband has his own card so that helps since there is a limit on the ECB offers. So I am more than happy to help with any questions just message me! Sarah
Starshine-bela
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM
I used to work at cvs, lol. we had customers who would break up their orders like that all the time. you can save so much in one shopping trip doing it too. I had this one regular who rarely paid for anything, the most I saw her pay was like a dollar. I wish I took notes lol

Quoting SCharbonneau:

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I have alot of advice lol but I've only been doing this for 3 weeks but I've read everything out there on couponing and I like to do things to perfection so I would like to think I know quite a bit for a newbie. We have an Aldis here and we do our grocery shopping there if walmart doesn't have a sale that match coupons but Walmart is hard to coupon with. Also one shopping trip I went to aldis and wrote practically all the prices down for items we normally buy so I had something to work off. I've been scoring big at CVS for personal care items. Yesterday I left with 8 Pantene shampoo/ conditioner, 6 boxes of Tampax/Always, 4 power toothbrushes, 5 Suave men's body wash and 2 Almay mascaras and 2 four packs of Duracell C batteries and I paid $56 and received $23 ECBs so ill use that for diapers and formula but I could have used every ECB for each product and made separate transactions to bring my total to $33. Oh and my husband has his own card so that helps since there is a limit on the ECB offers. So I am more than happy to help with any questions just message me! Sarah
SCharbonneau
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:19 AM
It's pretty easy especially when you take advantage of blogs. Thekrazycouponlady I use all the time for my CVS trips
Starshine-bela
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I'll check her out, thank you!

Quoting SCharbonneau:

It's pretty easy especially when you take advantage of blogs. Thekrazycouponlady I use all the time for my CVS trips
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)