Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and your husband each own a car?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM
  • 35 Replies

It seems like it really depends on where you live.  A lot of areas it is very normal to not have any car at all, some areas it is normal to have one car per family and others yet; a car per family member that drives. 

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KTMOM
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:21 AM

My husband and I both have a car, and we also have a truck that we only drive occasionally for larger things.  If we lived in a city, or somewhere with public transportation,  I would be perfectly fine wtih having one vehicle and riding bikes or scooters.

Ashlynnsmommy07
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:03 PM

yes we both have a car. My husband travels for work, no way we could only have 1 car.

Mom2jngnc
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM

We have 2, but from 1995 (when we married) until 1999 we only had 1, and I didn't drive until 97. THen we had my 2nd POS until 2001, and had only 1 car until 2007.
The only reason we could get away with just 1 car, was that both of our Mothers are in the area for "emergencies" and his schedule rotates so that he has weekdays off. It just took planning on my part to make sure appointments lined up with his days off.

Shaylyn318
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:41 PM
There is no way we could only have one car. DH is a truck driver(not OTR) I am a SAHM so I need my own car for dr appts, grocery shopping, school events.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peajewel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I would love to have one of those scooters to drive around the neighborhood.  I love them. 

Quoting KTMOM:

My husband and I both have a car, and we also have a truck that we only drive occasionally for larger things.  If we lived in a city, or somewhere with public transportation,  I would be perfectly fine wtih having one vehicle and riding bikes or scooters.

Peajewel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:18 PM

We technically have three cars because my Mom moved in with us.  We each have our own car.  It's nice if one happens to break down or something because someone can always pair up and ride together or take each other to work. 

sstepph
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:13 AM

We each have a car

Wyldbutterfly
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Yes, we both have our own vehicles! Although, lately I have been contemplating on going to one.

CrystalJulianna
by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 12:27 AM

No Just one car. I will love to be a two car family. Evening tho we live in the city. Im not taking the bus with two small kids.

Peajewel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2011 at 4:51 AM

I just saw an article on this in The Stir.  They don't let you take strollers on the bus?  That seems like it would be tough when you have little ones. 

Quoting CrystalJulianna:

No Just one car. I will love to be a two car family. Evening tho we live in the city. Im not taking the bus with two small kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)