Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Captains chairs or row?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 4:07 PM
  • 14 Replies
If you were buying a vehicle that has 3rd row seating would you prefer to have captains chairs in the 2nd row of your vehicle or just a regular row?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Klynn-whitlow
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Captains chairs... which is what our second row has... BUT we have a center compartment between them, so there is really no easy way to get to the third row. Good thing we rarely use it! LOL.

LOswald0314
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:05 PM
I'd prefer captains chairs too

Quoting Klynn-whitlow:

Captains chairs... which is what our second row has... BUT we have a center compartment between them, so there is really no easy way to get to the third row. Good thing we rarely use it! LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by Member on Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:27 PM

I'm not really sure.. That's a tough decision. I like captains chairs because they are more comfortable, but having a bench gives us room to fit more kids. I guess if I had to choose between the two, I would pick bench.

The van that I have has both. You can take the bench out and put in captains chairs. Right now I have the bench in because I'm going to need the space for the kids I'm babysitting. =)

ETA: Oops, I just reread your question...I thought we were talking about the 3rd row seat. I would want captains chairs in the 2nd row.

goorob
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Captains chairs because it makes getting into the 3rd row easier...only if it's in a van though.  If it's in a cross over SUV and the 3rd row won't be used often I'd want a bench seat in the middle, I wouldn't think they'd come any other way so that's probably a moot point.

Shaylyn318
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Captains chairs.

KTMOM
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I doubt that I would ever buy a vehicle that large, but if I did,  I like the captains chairs.

Mom2jngnc
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 10:05 PM

eh.... in the minivan captains chairs were ok... but someone had to climb over someone...it was a PITA.

in our SUV's we have rows.... fortunately we can keep teh single seat folded most of the time and flip it up if we have an 8th passenger

Peajewel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I'm not sure really, I never gave it much thought but I would love to have a Quest, that much I do know.

Ashlynnsmommy07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:24 AM

I have an Acadia and I have captain's chairs in the second row. I love it! We wanted it because it's easier to get to the 3rd row.

thenguyenclan
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:14 AM

captains chairs :-)  i like the look of the chairs better than a regular row

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)