Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Longest road trip you have done??

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:03 AM
  • 22 Replies
Nothing big here.. Maybe 10 hrs.. From miami to georgia.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Klynn-whitlow
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Our normal road trip is from NC to IL and back. But we have also drove from IL to CO once (before kids). And growing up we used to go from VA to ME.

yasbobari
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Wish I did more road trips before having kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:24 AM

With the kids, the longest was from NC to Orlando, FL.  About 14 hours.

goorob
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Our normal (and longest) is Oklahoma to California (Anaheim to be exact) it's 18 hr 35 minutes without stops for gas/food (this is yahoo maps times) and 1,316 miles door to door.  We split this into 2 days of driving and do it at least every other year. I've done it with both my boys as newborns, ds1 was 4 weeks old and ds2 was about 3 weeks old when we left the first time with each - we're going again in a few weeks and they are 3 years 11 months and 5 1/2.

We've also gone from Anaheim, Ca to Denver, Co in 1 day with a 12 year old (worse then a new born! - to be fair it was his first road trip and it was after the trip from OK to CA where we stayed a week) that's 14 hour 38 minutes without stops and 1,011 miles - we will NEVER do that again in 1 day especially since the time zones are working against you.

We've done shorter trips like from OK to Illinois which is only 12 hr and 813 miles (with a 1 and 2 1/2 year old) and from Ok to Dallas too many times to count and Ok to Alburquerque or Ok to Denver 3 or 4 times and Ok to Kansas.

When I was growing up we drove all over, I have no idea what the longest was. One summer we flew to the East coast then drove all over New England, another summer we flew to Hawaii and drove all over the big island, then one summer we drove all over the south west part of the US. We also drove from CA to Montana one summer.

clockKelly

yasbobari
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Wow, lots of driving !!
yasbobari
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Bump
mom23boys679
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM

From Pittsburgh to Chicago. 10 hours. Would have been 8 if I could have controlled my bladder and not stopped at every rest stop. LOL

MistressMinerva
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Longest for me was a few years ago when we drove from Maryland to Florida and then back to Maryland and then from Maryland to Indiana and then back to Maryland all in one week.

The story is that we went to Florida for our vacation and stayed at my Aunts house and was there maybe 3 days, we had to leave early cause Steve's grandma passed away so we had to drive back to Maryland to get different clothes and then drove straight to Indiana and was there for 3 days and then drove back home to Maryland.

yasbobari
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:20 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Without kids - Seattle to Sierra Vista, AZ.

With kids - Fredericksburg, VA to Rhode Island

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)