Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drivers License and Insurance Please, Ma'am

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:21 AM
  • 22 Replies

Share your best police encounter.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1busymomma03
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:13 AM

This one is embarrassing but funny too!! LOL I had just gotten my learner's permit when I was 15. My mom was letting me drive home for the very first time. It was a 4 lane highway, but there was hardly any traffic...should be simple right. LOL. Well, I got pulled over because I wasn't driving so well. The cop thought it was a drunk driver. Hahahaha. My mom explained that I had just gotten my learners permit and hadn't had much practice. He just told me to practice more. Ha! Everyone gave me such a hard time about that!!

starfilled
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM

DH was teaching me how to drive stick (we were dating at the time) in his small town.  There was a really wooded road and APPARENTLY there was a stopsign (there was a tree branch covering most of it, and I didn't see it).  I ran the stop sign, in front of a cop.  The cop pulled me over and I immediately started bawling (I'd never been pulled over before).  I said, "I'm so sorry, I didn't see the stop sign at all."  The guy chuckled, ran my license to make sure I didn' thave any outstanding warrants, and handed it back, looked at my husband and said, "Next time, teach her in a parking lot".  LOL!

LSurvivor78
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:26 AM

hahaha.. thats funny! I know HOW to drive a stick.. but don't like to, lol. And I refuse to drive up a hill if there is a stop at the top, haha.. I will go 10 miles out of my way to avoid hills where I have to stop, LOL

Quoting starfilled:

DH was teaching me how to drive stick (we were dating at the time) in his small town.  There was a really wooded road and APPARENTLY there was a stopsign (there was a tree branch covering most of it, and I didn't see it).  I ran the stop sign, in front of a cop.  The cop pulled me over and I immediately started bawling (I'd never been pulled over before).  I said, "I'm so sorry, I didn't see the stop sign at all."  The guy chuckled, ran my license to make sure I didn' thave any outstanding warrants, and handed it back, looked at my husband and said, "Next time, teach her in a parking lot".  LOL!

LSurvivor78
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Dont feel bad.. the first time my step son drove *also on his way home from getting his permit* he drove my SOs truck right into a hill! LMAO... He didn't turn the wheel enough at a turn and ran into a hill. SO came home with huge clumps of grass, dirt and mud hanging from his front bumper and he took out a stop sign on the corner too. LOL..

Quoting 1busymomma03:

This one is embarrassing but funny too!! LOL I had just gotten my learner's permit when I was 15. My mom was letting me drive home for the very first time. It was a 4 lane highway, but there was hardly any traffic...should be simple right. LOL. Well, I got pulled over because I wasn't driving so well. The cop thought it was a drunk driver. Hahahaha. My mom explained that I had just gotten my learners permit and hadn't had much practice. He just told me to practice more. Ha! Everyone gave me such a hard time about that!!

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:05 PM

*knock on wood* The only one I've had was with a loaner. A police car pulled me over and said I had a signal not working. I explained that it wasn't my car, then I thought Oh no, he's going to think I stole it, so I went into this stuttering explanation.  He said I couldn't drive it with the signal broken. I asked if I could just take it to the restaurant where my husband would take care of it- it was only a couple blocks away. So he let me do that.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Oh my goodness!  How embarrasing for him.

Quoting LSurvivor78:

Dont feel bad.. the first time my step son drove *also on his way home from getting his permit* he drove my SOs truck right into a hill! LMAO... He didn't turn the wheel enough at a turn and ran into a hill. SO came home with huge clumps of grass, dirt and mud hanging from his front bumper and he took out a stop sign on the corner too. LOL..

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM

LOL! This is funny !

Quoting 1busymomma03:

fineyouguyswin
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:18 PM

lol ok when I was in college I lived at the end of an 8 mile road. Seriously there was 10 houses on this whole road and the speed limit was 25 MPH. Well I was going 75 one day and wouldn't you know it the ONE car on the road WAS A COP! He giggled because he to lived towards the end of the road. He gave me a warning :O)

Maries_Mom23
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM

LOL...well, you were ONLY doing 75 in a 25! That's not bad!

DH works for 911.  He's been there for 14 years.  Right before we met (12 years ago), he was out one night, going down this long stretch of road.  No traffic, so, instead of doing the posted speed (45), he went a bit faster.  Cop pulled him over, looked at him and said "Dan, do you know how fast you were going?" Daniel looked and said "What did you clock me at?" Cop said he clocked him at 115!  Daniel just said "You need that thing looked at, I was going faster than that!"

And he let him go with a warning!

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

lol ok when I was in college I lived at the end of an 8 mile road. Seriously there was 10 houses on this whole road and the speed limit was 25 MPH. Well I was going 75 one day and wouldn't you know it the ONE car on the road WAS A COP! He giggled because he to lived towards the end of the road. He gave me a warning :O)

armywife1229
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I used to be a dispatcher too, and we had some great stories.

They used to find people parking ALL the time. I'm lucky I didn't get caught the time I was out there ... with a cop!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)