Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Police chases..

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM
  • 21 Replies

Have you ever seen one, or been near one?

I got caught in one, twice, one morning. I was driving down the road and police were flying the other way and swerving in and out of traffic. I thought maybe there was an accident or something and kept going.

I got on the highway and noticed more police and saw one flying down the on ramp toward the highway, he stopped suddenly and jumped out. I am thinking What in the HEC is going on???

So I keep driving and a few miles later I see a van coming up super fast behind me with a whole tail of police in pursuit. This guy was running people off the road left and right. I couldn't get over, so I floored it. I just got into the other lane and off on the shoulder when he, and a dozen cops, went flying by me. He wound up wrecking and the tire fell off about a 3 miles later 

Apparently he had stolen several cars, beat up a few people, crashed into many parked cars, would jump out and car jack another car.. wreck it.. go car jack another.. he even broke into an elderly mans home and stole his car keys off his kitchen counter, ran out to his driveway and stole his car.. craziness!

The police were heading to get this guy when I saw them the first time.. then they were trying to get ahead of him on the highway to put out spike strips, but missed him. After he passed me, he wrecked and was finally caught.

and I was pregnant and the doc had just told me to avoid ANY stressful situations.. haha..what happens when the stressful situations find me?!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yasbobari
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Wow. I havent.
LSurvivor78
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM

that was the second one i had run into. Another one I got run off the road getting onto a highway by someone being chased by police.

The one above though, was the only time I had run into the same chase, multiple times, lol.

Klynn-whitlow
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM

I've seen police cars go flying by to go after someone... that's as close as i have come.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Wow! What an experience!

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I was going through a tunnel a few years ago and the signs and road markings said stay in your lane.  Well two cars kept weaving in and out of the lanes. We saw when we got out of the tunnel that the second car was an unmarked police car and he'd pulled the other driver over. LOL!

fineyouguyswin
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Nope never have

earthangel1967
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Never in real life only a bunch on tv. Scary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LSurvivor78
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:47 PM

thats a baaaad place for a police chase!

Quoting Bmat:

I was going through a tunnel a few years ago and the signs and road markings said stay in your lane.  Well two cars kept weaving in and out of the lanes. We saw when we got out of the tunnel that the second car was an unmarked police car and he'd pulled the other driver over. LOL!

Maries_Mom23
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Seen one while crossing the bridge.  As it turns out, the guy had stolen 2 purses from women in KMart, they got a positive ID on his van, tried to pull him over and he hit the gas, exceeding 80 mph on a 30 mph road. 

MistressMinerva
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)