Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can someone help me?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:34 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 451 Total Views

How do I add animated pictures to my signature? The animation doesnt play when i uload the picture.

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rhope4
by Designer & Top Dog on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM
You have to have a photobucket or some other photo host account. Cafemom does not do gifs, which is what animated sigs are. When I get on hubby's laptop, I will post detailed directions on this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MAGICAL233
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Thank you so much :)

ChinaDragonDoll
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Right click on the image to save it to your computer. If you have a photobucket account or some other photo hosting website, upload your image to your account. Animated siggys (with glitter and moving pictures) are saved as .gif files.

On your Cafemom page look in the upper right hand cornor and you will see the small picture of your Avatar next to the Words "my account". To the Right of that there is a down arrow. Click on that arrow which brings up a drop down window. Click on Account Settings which will open another page for your account settings. You might be prompted to log in again. This is for security purposes.

See Cafe Mom Changes Instructions Below a few replies down.

The new page that opens up is entitled your My Account page. There you can adjust many settings for your cafe mom account. We are interested in the Tab titled Fonts & Signatures. Click on Fonts & Signatures. Which will open up another page. The top part of the page will be for your fonts (the colors and letter types) you want to use. You can set it to your liking.

Scroll Down the page to find the Signature controls. Click on Add a Rich-Text Signature. You want to Supply a Name your signature. You will see a box that is titled Signature Body. Click on Add A Photo.

For a non-animated siggy, click on the browse button and find the file you want on your computer. Then click Insert and Save.

An animated siggy has more steps to follow to have it show in your cafe mom signatures.

For an animated siggy click on the right tab that says Paste A URL instead of Browse.

In photobucket after you uploaded your image there are several boxes that look like this:

You need to click in the Direct Link box and it will automatically copy the code for you. Only the Direct Link code will work on Cafemom. On your Signature Body box, and in the Add a Photo box paste the code in the Paste A URL box and then hit Insert. Click on Save.

Your siggy will now appear in the Signature Body part of the Add Signature box. Click Add and that's it. Most Siggy makers will not allow you to re-size their Siggy's. So keep that in mind.
I hope this make adding your siggy easy.

rhope4
by Designer & Top Dog on Apr. 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Thanks Patty!

ChinaDragonDoll
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:40 AM

You're welcome.

ChinaDragonDoll
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Updated:

**** NEW CAFE MOM CHANGES ... AGAIN ****

To add a siggy to your cafe mom signatures, you need to look above and see

To the right of that, it will say Hi (your screen name) View Profile   Log Out

Right below that you will see the annoying stuff (Mom Groups & Conversations, Videos for Mom, Stir) and to the Right of that you see My Groups, My Posts, My Messages, My Other Stuff.

You want to click on My Other Stuff. You might be prompted to log in again. This is for security purposes.

A window will drop down and under My Account Settings, you will find Fonts & Signatures. Click on Fonts and Signatures.

Which will open up another page. The top part of the page will be for your fonts (the colors and letter types) you want to use. You can set it to your liking.

Scroll Down the page to find the Signature controls. Click on Add a Rich-Text Signature. You want to Supply a Name your signature. You will see a box that is titled Signature Body. Click on Add A Photo.

For a non-animated siggy, click on the browse button and find the file you want on your computer. Then click Insert and Save.

An animated siggy has more steps to follow to have it show in your cafe mom signatures.

For an animated siggy click on the correct tab that says Paste A URL instead of Browse.

In photobucket after you uploaded your image there are several boxes that look like this:

You need to click in the Direct Link box and it will automatically copy the code for you. Only the Direct Link code will work on Cafemom. On your Signature Body box, and in the Add a Photo box paste the code in the Paste A URL box and then hit Insert. Click on Save.

Your siggy will now appear in the Signature Body part of the Add Signature box. Click Add and that's it. Most Siggy makers will not allow you to re-size their Siggy's. So keep that in mind.
I hope this make adding your siggy easy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)