Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 weeks to a Healthier, Happier, Active Family - Week 1 UPDATE!!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:54 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 196 Total Views

So week one of our Happier Healthier, Active Family Challenge went very well. I found this to be a pretty simple week with goals that were easy to meet! :) How did all of you do? Here are some of what we did as a family  for this week...

Nutrition: We of course do not add salt to anything so staying away from the salt shaker was easy! the kids get salt from the kids meal they choose to have on Thursday but we tend to eat out about once a weak "as a treat". I think were going to work on changing that and instead of eating out we cook our favorite foods as a treat. The kids will probably find this fun because they get to pick what the whole family eats.

Health: This is something I choose to move to this next week, for two reasons; one, my son is out of school for spring break and two so I can figure out some different ideas and activities to help my son and daughter learn what to do in the case of an emergency.

Fitness; This week we were to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE :) so that's exactly what we did! We were out of the house out side every afternoon and evening most of the day Saturday and Sunday. Last Thursday my husband put my sons basketball goal up and that has become a hit for the family. On Saturday we went to the beach- we actually live on the water but its been to cool outside to go in the evenings and go swimming but on Saturday it was hot and the kids did lots of swimming and running around, I relaxed! c; I also got a exercise bike, which at first I didn't want, but then I fell in love.. lol.. I never get time to read and there is always something that needs to be done but while I'm riding I'm reading! This is my new favorite thing! 

Happiness: I definitely limited Screen time and that included video game screen time. No television on Saturday except about 2 1/2 hours that afternoon/ evening, and then on Sunday there was only about 30 min of television while I finished dinner and got the kids plates ready. We spent most of our weekend outside the house.

What did you do this past week to meet your goals and follow the weekly plan?? Hope all you did well!! Look for Week 2 Plan & Challenge Tomorrow!! :)

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)