Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Craft Supplies

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2011 at 12:13 PM
  • 122 Replies
1 mom liked this

Where do you like to get them? Where/how do you store them? Are you organized about it?

scrapbooking

by on Feb. 15, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serenity75
by on Feb. 15, 2011 at 7:11 PM

I get my supplies here and there.  I store them in a basket by my sewing desk.

tprice7010
by on Feb. 16, 2011 at 7:55 PM

I get my supplies from A.C. Moore. I store my yarn in organizer which hangs in my closet.

sew4fun
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I get my supplies from all over . I get alot of fabric and beads from garage sales and thrift stores. I also shop Walmart alot for craft supplies, and Hancock fabrics. I store them in plastic containers in my closets

1redjellybean
by on Mar. 17, 2011 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I get most of my craft supplies, and yarn from Garage sales and 2nd hand stores. From Garage sales alone I have about 200 crochet hooks!! lol I have also found that if you want to store things inexpensively, you can use those cardboard chest of drawers or even the plastic rolling ones. I stack mine 2 high and label the drawers, especially for the yarn, it is so much easier to go to what I am looking for. I seperate by colors, all reds in one drawer, all blues in another, etc. Also, presciption pill bottles work really great to sstore craft supplies, like beads, etc. My best tip is to LABEL everything. It cuts down on a lot of searching time.

MissElissa21
by on Mar. 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM

I try to be really organized about them, but there is so many of them I have collected I don't really know where to start in making them a home. I need a big cabinet and a bunch of bins with little compartments, I think that would keep some of the things in place.

MissElissa21
by on Mar. 17, 2011 at 4:24 PM

oh yea, and I get them wherever I am. It could be a craft store, grocery store, thrift store, garage sale, or local park! I have a million and 1 acorns I need to find a craft for *hint hint*

Balancing
by on Mar. 17, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I have a working space for all my paper craft stuf.

I have these magazine bins that the local library was getting rid of that I store my excess scrap paper in that is still usable but no longer 8x10 or 12x12 and it seperated by color.

I keep all of the kids seasonal craft stuff in a bind downstairs, keep paints in a seperate bin downstairs (away from kiddos) and I have a "mom- I wanna make something" craft bin that stowes underneath my kitchen table bench.

I try to keep thing catagorized based on use to ease pulling things out and honestly to avoid my kids getting into stuff that is super messy.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 17, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I get my supplies from AC Moore, Michaels and Jo Ann Fabrics.  I have everything stored in plastic storage bins.

ZsMommy
by Heids on Mar. 19, 2011 at 4:49 PM

I worked for JoAnn fabrics for 6 years before moving state to state-there was no JoAnn's here where we moved 3 years ago-So I was stuck with Michaels and Walmart-and shopping JoAnn's online-they now are in the process of building a store HERE-I'm so excited!!!

deadpplrmyhero
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 4:53 PM
I like to get them from walmart and joanns. I put them in a huge plastic tote. It's mostly yarn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)