Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Where do you like to get them? Where/how do you store them? Are you organized about it?

scrapbooking

by on Feb. 15, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Replies (91-100):
jjrdr1994
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Love to shop at acmoore and micheals but at times amazon has really good prices too- acmoore has weekly coupons available online. Easy to print. I usually just take a pic of it via my iPhone and show the phone at check out for code
Miranda1127
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I store my crochet/knitting inside my treasure chest. I get my supplies from michaels, avg Moore or joannes...depending on sales/coupons. My hooks and needles though....thrift store all of the way. No sale beats $0.25 a hook/needle.

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Sep. 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I get my supplies from all over though I prefer joanns for some crafts, beading and sewing supplies, and michaels for others, painting. I keep my wood forms that I paint organized in their own container and my sewing stuff in and under my sewing desk. My jewelry making supplies currently fit into my backpack and everything else is in boxes but not organized by type of craft.

I sometimes get things off of Facebook and at Walmart as well but prefer Joann's and Michael's.

momofourmonkeys
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:32 PM

LOL @ organized!  I wish...I've tried keeping all of my "goodies" up but it doesn't work.  Whenever I'm working on a project, my house looks like something exploded.  I have every tool out to work with and I don't stay in one room...

Buying my materials is always a matter of where I am when the mood strikes.  I buy a lot of yarn at Walmart, other things I purchase at Michaels and Joann.  They just put a hobby lobby in my town waaaay closer than any other store so I know where I'll be spending a lot of down time...

MmomOf4
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I store my yarn in the clear plastic bags that our  comforters came in, I also have plastic totes. I am so unorganized lol but I'm trying to get better at it. I plan to take a corner from my bedroom and create my crafting place. its a work in progress. How I long to have a room just for my crafing......one day. Hats off to all of you that are organized

ShawnaFG
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I get my crafts from Walmart, Michaels, and JoAnns.

I store my supplies in a big plastic bin. But inside the big bin I have smaller bins with things organized. Doesn't mean it stays that way.

gina6239
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Walmart or Target mainly. Sometimes I shop online. I have an old armoire I use to store everything, but I would love a different system!

DCR1
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I, get my craft items from a variety of places, Jo Ann fabrics, Upstate Pennsylvania in the Amish areas, A.C Moore's, Michaels, and believe it or not off of other items, yes its true, sometimes I'll see an article of clearance clothing for a buck or two which is cheaper than the fabric store in which i can turn into an item i need and viola i have that item, also the same goes for trinkets needed, once my mom and i bought these beautiful $7.00 flip flops from JCP, we wore them from the store to the car when we both got into our perspective homes, by the time my mom called me , we were both using scissors on the painful things, no lie, the jewels were immediately in the craft box the flip flops in the trash as we laughed at our demise.

DCR1
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Oh, i almost forgot, i have a storage room in my basement for them every type has its own bin, including the different fabrics, and that bin is labeled for easy find, things like stampers and inks, glues and buttons and glitters etc... have their own clear shoe boxes, easier to see them, and i have thread and bobbin holders for threads and bobbins,  scissors and things like that have a place in the built in cups on the craft table.

DCR1
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I have news for you, i have the store room, i have the bins, and boxes and cups, and a whole store closet, but when the excited creative bug goes nuts guess what? no where that's an empty place is safe, in my introduction i stated it's everywhere congrats to you, that's the nature of a mentally true crafter, the creative mind is always at work!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN