Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of this for a grandmother?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:36 AM
  • 23 Replies

Ok so my actual mother in law is the only one in my husband family that I can realy stand and she has recently made a coment about how much she loves the blacket i made my son out of his baby clothes and Im thinking of makeing her a full patch work quilt for christmas and I was thinking of doing 4 large dark blue squares to represent her 4 sons and then med/small babyblue squares (one for each child) to represent her grandsons and pink for the granddaughters and more nutral colors for the rest of it.......what do you ladies think about this idea?

Wife to Jon of 4yrs, mommy to Kane (born T18),Jeramiah(Jam),and Juilen (born with wings)!

in loveblue ribbontoddler boybaby girl

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlhatfield
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM

That would be really cute!

homewithfamily
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I think that sound like a great idea. It is a nice color pallet.

myboysRmyhero
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Thats waht i was really wooried about was the colors!

Quoting homewithfamily:

I think that sound like a great idea. It is a nice color pallet.

Wife to Jon of 4yrs, mommy to Kane (born T18),Jeramiah(Jam),and Juilen (born with wings)!

in loveblue ribbontoddler boybaby girl

mommytohuddy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:01 AM

I think it sounds cute! I think you can make the colors work depending on the shades that you pick. I use a color schemer to test out my color schemes for all my digital work so maybe you could try something similar to help you with your project as well! You can pm me for a link to the site I use, they sell products, but there is a free section. I would post the link, but don't want to break advertising rules :)

SleuthMaria
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:40 AM

Sounds really nice! Have you thought about printing pictures of her sons (& maybe their wives) & grandchildren on fabric & just framing those pictures w/the designated colours. One of my cousins did that for her Grandmother & it turned out beautifull & the recipient loved it!

deadpplrmyhero
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:44 AM
Sounds pretty!!! The closest to quilting I've come is the baby blanket I crocheted making a bunch of squares then putting them together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmom7210
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:28 AM
I make those too post a pic of urs. I'm in process of doing 12 squares one pic a month on tshirts then onto a quilt. For the first 12 mo of ds life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:11 AM
I bet it would look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyflynn
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:12 AM

love it

ZOOMZOOMCANTOR
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:36 AM

I think this would be a beautiful gift

I am a grandma and I would love it and handmade too so precious

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)