Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you craft?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

My son is pretty self-sufficient. I can sew pretty much any time, and he'll entertain himself. On clingy days though I have to wait until after bedtime, or whenever daddy is home to entertain him. 

When do you get to craft? Do your kids make it difficult?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM

When ever I can. It all depends on my day and sometimes have to wait till hubby gets home.

sherrie0568
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM

My one son is self-sufficient---my baby is not. hahah.  He will lay down next to me and let me sew as long as I goog at him every 30 seconds or so hahah. :)  I tend to do most of my crafting after the boys are in bed though, or on daddy's days off. 

Oneatatimemommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:33 PM

It depends on the craft.  DD is getting to where I can actually cross stitch in her presence.  Anything that takes space to do has to wait for her to be asleep or when DH takes her places.

AlyssaL
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Hmmm, somedays I don't get to craft at all and that makes me sad. But alot of times I will craft after the kids go to sleep, unless we're doing a craft together. I work full time so from 5-8 I try to spend as much time with them as possible. Then it's mommy time. Unless of course I have a craft show coming up or am working on projects for the house before an event (i.e. a party)

marisax423
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:48 PM

my 11 month old loves to watch what mommy is doing...and sometimes if im crocheting i will even give her yarn and she will make a mess =) i usually craft when shes sleeping though. its just easier. i cant wait til she is old enough to craft with me.

MrsKesler
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Once in a while my girls will let me sew while they play or watch something, but usually it's after they go to bed. My husband is really good to take them out for a couple hours too, whenever I need him to. =)

melliburger
by Melli on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I usually have to wait until Jordan goes to sleep at night. Even then he sometimes gets up. He doesnt' like taking naps during the day so  much, so most days it comes down to doing a craft or doing homework. Homework usually wins out :(

When my husband comes home I think it'll be easier because then he can play with Jordan and I can get more stuff done.

bzmommie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Whenever i can. It is hard for me to sew when i have a toddler at my feet bc she thinks the foot peddle is fun to push and when i have been trying to thread a needle  the little booger will push it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)