Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Inks for Staming

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:53 PM
  • 12 Replies

So, all my old ink pads have dried up. I am looking for new ones. If you use them what do you like? I seen on Joanns they have the Colorbox Cat's Eye Chalk Ink Pads - 6PK/Primary on sale for 5.99 and Inkadinkado Chalk Ink Multi Pad - 6PK/MANY COLORS reg. 10.99 sale 6.59. thanks

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytohuddy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:03 PM

I have no clue on stamping, but here is a bump and hope you find the answers you need.  A friend of mine stamped the programs and invites for her wedding and they were beautiful, just not sure I could ever have that much patience!

Kimja
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Thanks

deadpplrmyhero
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Bump because I have no clue either!

Balancing
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Personally, I am a stampin' up girl when it comes to inks.  the only exception would be Staz-on and Encore.

I think for the price per pad and the longevity - it is worth it.  I have stamps that I bought in 2003 that are still going strong like I bought them last week. 

I don't sell stampin' up... i just like it!

smj1394
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I like stampin' up too.  I have stamp pads from 2004-2005 that are still good with no reinking done to them.

Balancing
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:46 PM

On but off topic - when purchasing inks, you may want to consider what type of inking, you plan to do with them.  If you plan to do raised ink or embossing, you will want to use a craft ink of which is a little bit heavier, dries slightly more powdered (for lack of a better term) and has a longer drying time.  If you plan to do only stamped images, then normal ink will do.  Some brands (stampin' up) have a definite difference.  The cat eye shaped ink by Color Box do work well but they are a crafting ink.  Once again, I don't like them as much as I like Stampin' Up.  The sponge that holds the ink breaks down more if you do a lot of running your paper edge along the ink foam. 

I don't like Ink-a-do... I have only bought it once but the clarity in the ink and trueness of color wasn't there. 

My friend uses the "chalk" inks for scrapbooking and it appears to work well but I have never used it.

Ok - I think I am done now.  Good Luck!  AND Happy Stamping!

Kimja
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Thanks very much.

tel4him
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 6:33 AM

ITA!  Stampin' Up is the best for ink. 

Quoting Balancing:

Personally, I am a stampin' up girl when it comes to inks.  the only exception would be Staz-on and Encore.

I think for the price per pad and the longevity - it is worth it.  I have stamps that I bought in 2003 that are still going strong like I bought them last week. 

I don't sell stampin' up... i just like it!

Theresa, proud SAHM to Ellie (9), Ian (7), and Ryan (10 mos)

Balancing
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:40 AM

one last thing - if you go the route of Stampin' Up - they are 12 for $48 or you can purchase singles for $4.95/5.95.  I have also bought sets of 12 through EBAY that were used/new combination.  SU sells them single but the way they show them is in color families (earth, royal, brights, pastels).

ZOOMZOOMCANTOR
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:56 AM

I just get Martha Stewart ink at walmart and they are good, I think and have lasted for a long time.

I use chalk ink for embossing and I also order thru Oriental trading for ink but the are usually small though and hard to use.

I also shop on line at BargainPack.com for stamps and stuff as far as the $ stamps on there the wooden ones are good. They have alot of good stuff on there, paper diecuts etc they are dependabe and not expensive

I will have to admit that although I have very few stampin up stamps are the best

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)