Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any ideas?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm doing my dd's room farm/barnyard theme.  She LOVES cows lol but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on some craft ideas I could do for her room.  She is only 4 months btw.  I would love to make her some large pillow/stuffed animals of farm animals and maybe a barn and or tractor but I have no IDEA how to do them. 

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM

BUMP!

Balancing
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 6:43 PM

<--- not a sewing expert

First -  look at the catalogs at the craft store.

Secod, I would sketch out what you want it look like - maybe get rolling paper so that you can make the pillow sketch true to size and then from there - once you get the outline cut the fabric.  Does that make sense? so that the pillow is in the shape of the tractor, cow, etc.  use coordinating fabric for the various pieces.  Kind of like how Monster mom makes the monsters...

OR what about square with the animal shape on the inside.  Here are square ones that have a farm animal in the middle - they are commercial items for sale but maybe something like that:

http://www.kaplanco.com/store/trans/productDetailForm.asp?CatID=1%7CFC1025%7C0&PID=83755

Balancing
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 6:44 PM

btw - i like your avi

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Something I did..... find a picture that is simple but familiar to what you want.... take it to Office Max or Kinko's (FedEx office and print) and have them blow it up as big as they can (probably 36x48ish) and you can use it as an outline. Then you can make all the details you want on your own.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 6:49 PM

btw... I thought you were talking about on the walls! I'm an idiot! LOL

but you could do the same and maybe make a mosaic pattern on the pillows and blankets

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Something I did..... find a picture that is simple but familiar to what you want.... take it to Office Max or Kinko's (FedEx office and print) and have them blow it up as big as they can (probably 36x48ish) and you can use it as an outline. Then you can make all the details you want on your own.

MattisMommy08
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM

aw!  We love cows, too!   lol.  We ride them.

brb with crafts

mommytohuddy
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:34 PM

this is such a cute idea. I just googled cow nursery and now I am in love with cows as well. These look super simple (I think they would look better in b/w).

Cow boppy? :)

MattisMommy08
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:56 PM

you know you could take about anything in the room and paint cow spots on it....

HisSweetheart07
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Not sure how it might help but we did DD's birthday party in barnyard theme.... I made little barn centerpieces out of plastic canvas. The inside held candy that guest could munch on and then tied balloons to the top. I'll have to look up pics.

Maybe you can make them just for decorations ? Or make it big enough to hold diapers & wipes?

sew4fun
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Picture

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)