Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

I need some help. I should've done this before starting my store, but I suppose it's not to late to fix this mistake. The name of my shop/store is Bits N' Pieces. Lo and behold it's a VERY popular name. So I need to come up with something else, something more original something more... ME! lol So I thought I'd come to the craftiest ladies I know and ask, what would be some good ideas for my shop?

I sell jewelry and taggie blankets for babies. I will also sew other random things and possibly put it up there, but the primary thing I make/focus on is jewelry. Any ideas?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommytohuddy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM

hmm don't forget to do a domain name search before finalizing your choice!

How would you describe your work? What sets you apart from competitors? Is there a certain element that you focus on in your designs?

These are questions to get the creative thoughts flowing. Your name should fit the personality of your work perfectly. Also, when you picture a logo, what do you see? This might help your visualize your name and see it come to life.

Artladydp
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Some thoughts I had...

Sweet Pieces, Sweet Peace, Piece Works, A Little Piece of Heaven.

I'll keep thinking.  Good luck!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:07 AM

If you use a name other than your own, you have to register that as a DBA (doing business as) name. Google doing business names for more info, it's super easy and free, but required.

I chose mine because I met my fiance online 12 years ago, and my screen name had Lu in it, and his had Ed. Lu and Ed. :) You may not like this, but I think Melli Burger sounds like a super cute name for a business! I know it's your name, but it seriously sounds like a cute kids line or even a neat store in the mall.

MissElissa21
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I like your CM name :)

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Thanks ladies :) I was thinking of something with my name in it. It's funny y'all said my name was cute sounding, my MIL says it so funny and then giggles. ha ha ha

sweetstkissez22
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Clasp to clasp, trinkets & such, okay I swear before I started writing this I had like 15 million ides..now im stuck! Try some cute combos with your name or a nickname for your family.....also google synonyms for thigns you sell and go from there

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)