Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Modge podge glass clings

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 10:52 AM
  • 25 Replies

http://www.modpodgerocksblog.com/2010/12/using-mod-podge-to-make-glass-clings.html

Using Mod Podge to make glass clings.

I really think you are going to like this post.  I'm not just fancying myself, I really do.  It was a fun to use Mod Podge for something other than gluing down - I actually made glass clings that you can put on any vase or in any window.  The supplies are so minimal, I had everything laying around the house.  Can you say budget crafting at its finest?  I hope you'll make many and stick them all over everything.  I highly recommend it.  Here's how they are made.

Gather These Supplies

Mod Podge Gloss
FolkArt or Apple Barrel paint in your choice of colors
Gallery Glass Leading Blanks
Hole punch, die cutter, craft knife - something to cut shapes with
Paintbrush
Palette knife

Lay your leading blank down on a surface.  Pour some Mod Podge onto your leading blank.  This is not a very scientific method, and by not very I mean not at all.

Squeeze some paint (used Apple Barrel Parakeet) into the Mod Podge.  Stir it around with a brush.

Spread the Mod Podge out onto the leading blank.  I found it was easiest with a palette knife.

Look mom, I'm doing Snow White and Black too!  I'm on a roll!

Let your Mod Podge/paint mess dry overnight.  Look at the green (that is several greens together).  How fun, right?

Use a scrapey-doo tool to lift the Mod Podge/paint off of the leading blank.  It will peel right off!

Here are some glass votives.  These are going to look different in a minute.

There are three methods for cutting your Mod Podge/paint clings.  Craft knife - although I learned a big lesson.  Take the Mod Podge/paint OFF of the leading blank before cutting it.  Or you will cut the leading blank.  You can cut on a mat with your craft knife.

Another method is a hole punch.  It makes great polka dots, snow and Christmas ornaments.

Die cutter . . . can you believe this works?  I rolled this stuff right through my Sizzix Big Shot and it cut like a dream!!  This is how I decorated the vase in the large photo.

Apply the cut shapes to the glass with your fingers.  If you are having trouble with the sticking, either exhale onto your cling shape or heat slightly with a hair dryer. 

Check out the holiday ones I did  - Christmas lights with snow, and then a Christmas tree with hole punched ornaments.  I'm picturing Mod Podge clings´╗┐ all over Mod Podge Command Central, so that it looks like a circus rather than a place to live.  I had a blast doing it - what do you think?

by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shell3m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Wow, that is really neat.  I'm going to have to try this some time.  :)  Thanks for the post!! :)

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 11:11 AM

I want to try these! Thanks for posting!

Shasta314
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 11:14 AM

SUCH A COOL CRAFT!

maddiesmamma717
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 11:16 AM

I thought it might be a cool idea to make some stuff for each holiday, like easter, 4th of july, christmas, thanksgiving

Or you could even do one in your kids name and bedroom theme for their window

Sarahb21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 11:17 AM

FUN! I want to try!

JMjonas
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Quoting Sarahb21:

FUN! I want to try!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZsMommy
by Heids on Apr. 21, 2011 at 9:05 AM

This is pretty cool-maybe I'll try some votives with this method.

Jodstar30
by on Apr. 21, 2011 at 9:13 AM
You can also try vinyl and the cricuit cutter that's what I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scorpiostungyou
by on Apr. 21, 2011 at 8:29 PM

very cool

Happy2BDomestic
by on Apr. 21, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Can you tell me what a leading blank is?  Will wax paper work?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)