Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's up for Easter?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:19 AM
  • 13 Replies

What are you doing to celebrate Easter this weekend?

We're dying Easter eggs today, hiding them outside in the morning for an egg hunt, having delicious junk food for breakfast, making a huge scrumptious dinner together as a family and maybe watching a cheesy Easter movie tomorrow night! :D

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmom7210
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:21 AM
No plans here. Ds too young
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:22 AM

When my little one was young I just got him a basket and put toys in it - it's what we still do! Not so much candy, but a new swim suit, water guns, seed packets, etc.

northernmommy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:24 AM

making dinner tomorrow for the family, dying eggs today. DH bought 420 plastic eggs that he will hide tomorrow for the kids to find, we devide them all up between our house, the yard and our store and greenhouses so that should keep the kids occupied for a while lol. other than that i just think i'll try and get some airbrushing done since i can't do any sewing right now since my sewing space is taken up with fish tanks.

Mommy_Burge
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:25 AM

I got easter basket stuff for DS yesterday. A few small candies, an egg with a Thomas the Tank Engine toy inside, a few other matchbox cars, etc. Then we are going to plastic eggs around the house at night after he goes to bed so he can hunt them in the morning. They are having an egg hunt in the park across the street today at noon but it looks super busy and DS has a viral rash that could be contagious the doctor said so he has to stay home and rest.

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Nothing. Bec of SIL we're keeping everything low key, plus Jordan's oly 8 months, he doesn't know what's going on.

bmom7210
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:28 AM
I did get him a sock monkey basket a sock monkey stuffed animal and pillow pet rabbit. Monster was supposed to go in there too. Lol

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

When my little one was young I just got him a basket and put toys in it - it's what we still do! Not so much candy, but a new swim suit, water guns, seed packets, etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather_the_Mom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:33 AM

We are going to the Aquarium restaurant for Brunch with my mother, and do all the activities they have to offer... Pics with the Easter Bunny, and an Egg Hunt, ride the train through the shark tank, check out all the fish and animals, etc.  Afterwards the kiddos and I will stop by DH's grandmother's house to visit with everyone. 

Sadly, DH is out of town for Easter this year, so we aren't doing our usual of decorating eggs for an egg hunt here at home.

mommytohuddy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I am headed to my parent's house or well my grandparent's I guess. My son was too young to really hunt last year, he wasn't even walking yet. My cousin has a 3yr old, so we are meeting at my grandparents to let them hunt together. Easter at my grandparents was always a fun event when I was younger, I have 15 cousins on that side and it was always crazy! This will probably be the last year with my pawpaw, so I am really looking forward to it.

I am making those adorable bunny cupcakes that were posted a couple of weeks ago and dying some eggs tonight. My husband has NEVER dyed eggs, I told him he missed out as a little kid. He refuses to see the point in it haha

He has to work, so he will not be making the trip with us :(

critter_boo
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:50 AM

baskets and family dinner

jaden_122308
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:38 PM

we have 2 family dinners to go to. and were coloring eggs today

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)