Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 1st Taggy Finished! :D

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

I ran into a few bumps with this.....I had stitched it completely wrong...well...not wrong just with a very weak stitch so I calle dmy stepmother in MI forbackup and she taught me a stronger stitch to use....and THEN....once I got 3/4 of the way done....all the way till i pull it right side out to finish it off....i realized that i ad put the ribbons upside down while sewing so the frayed ends stuck out....

my husband warned me that it would happened when he saw it but i didn't listen. oops!

so i had to take EVERY stitch out and reset the ribbons and go back AGAIN and sew the entie thing. Knd of good because I used the stronger stitch and it turned out really well! :D Hooray! Even DH likes it! :D He said he was proud of me :D :D :D

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommytohuddy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Looks great! I love your choice of colors/ribbon.

maddiesmamma717
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Looks great! Love the minky!

Mommy_Burge
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Thanks ladies! I didn't thin the minky would work well with  just hand stitching...I thought it would fall apart for some reason but it worked really well and it is SOOOOO soft! So glad I found a yard of it in the remnant bin for $2 :D That was one of the best finds for me :D

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I am awful with handstitching, but your taggie looks are if it were sewn on a machine. Good job! :) And great find on the minky! :D

Mommy_Burge
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Aww thanks! I was really particuar to try and get the stitches straight...a couple of the ribbons are a bit crooked...but you can barely tell. :D

I saw the minky youused for one of your monster and then saw it in HL and hd to try it out...i didn't know how soft it would be :D

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I am awful with handstitching, but your taggie looks are if it were sewn on a machine. Good job! :) And great find on the minky! :D

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:01 PM

I usually handstitch all my taggies too! You did a great job! Looks nice

scorpiostungyou
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:03 PM

It lookls great. It will look more finished if you top stitch it

Mommy_Burge
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I've considered topstitching...but i'm not sure. lol. it would look more "finished" but i'm not sure how straight my stitches would actually be compared to a machine...and unlike the rest of the stitching i did....you would be able to see the topstitching. lol. i might give it a little whirl on one corner and see how i do....if it turns out okay then i can do the rest...if not....thats what a seam ripper is for i guess :D

Quoting scorpiostungyou:

It lookls great. It will look more finished if you top stitch it

jridgill
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:15 PM

You did a great job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)