Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heids made me do it....lol..pics to come later on - EDITED WITH PICS

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:49 PM
  • 17 Replies

I have been sporting the Autism ring that Heids made for me and decided it was lonely...Mother is here and has been making jewelry with the children - fast learners, all of them (I taught mother and DD, they showed DS later on...oh, and DD went to town making multiple dangles, etc.!).  Well, she wants to know how to make necklaces and bracelets now, but we didn't have any crimp beads, so off to Michael's we went..each with a discount card, and my tax exempt card...lol

I found larger beads to match the 4 in Heid's/my ring, then i found a 3pc set of charms...puzzle pieces!!!  SO...I now have a pair of longish earrings with a small puzzle piece on the end, and a necklace with silver spacer beads and the larger puzzle piece in the center....YAY, a complete set...woohoo!!!

OK, here are the pictures....first is of Heids' ring, then the 2 are of the jewelry that I did yesterday so the ring wouldn't be lonely...needless to say, there isn't an outfit they won't go with - except today's Easter dress (according to DD)

The ring that Heids made for me :-)

earrings and necklace that I made to go with the ring...I like the words that are clear on the necklace pendant...should be more clear in next pic....

close up of earrings and necklace...the words that aren't cut off on the necklace pendant are: Family, Truth, Joy, Kindness, Love, Trust, Charity, Loyalty, Humor, and Hope.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZsMommy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Can't wait to see what you made!!!!

That's cool making jewelry has become a family event-you should post some pics of their pieces (specially over in 12 steps when you pop over ;)

sew4fun
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Sounds awesome

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I can't wait to see pictures! :) I love your ring you got from her.

Larisa72
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:34 PM

I think I will post a pic of the ring AND the stuff I made together....seeing as how that's the way I'm wearing it....wanted to wear it tomorrow (will definitely wear the ring), but I don't think it will "work" with my Easter attire...lol...yeah, me in a dress and heels...let's hope not too many people will have heart attacks...lol

jridgill
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Quoting sew4fun:

Sounds awesome

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:51 PM

That sounds like a good day! I can't wait to see the finished products!

Larisa72
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Pictures are up!

MissElissa21
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 4:22 PM

They look great!

Larisa72
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Thank you!

JMjonas
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 5:25 PM
They look great! I made a Autism Awareness keycahin that I will have to post later. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)