Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help please

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:00 AM
  • 6 Replies
I usually just sell my hand made products to local people or friends. Had someone recently contact me through fb about buying something. How do ya'll go about that? Make the item requested and then ship it to them first, then request the money or get the money first through paypal and then ship the item/items? Also I have a paypal account but haven't used it. I am not sure how it works. Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jodstar30
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Pay 1st or you'll get ripped off. Any time you buy something you pay b4 u receive it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
615amy09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:07 AM
Ok. That's what I figured but wanted to check. Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jodstar30
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:10 AM
Yw. And congrats that's cool to have ppl requesting your stuff

Quoting 615amy09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
615amy09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:41 AM
:)

Quoting Jodstar30:

Yw. And congrats that's cool to have ppl requesting your stuff

Quoting 615amy09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytohuddy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Definitely pay first, then ship. As for your paypal, you will click the request money tab, input their email address, input what they owe you, select goods and press submit (or enter). On the next screen, you have the option to input a specific message to your buyer. I always use this space to specify exactly what they are buying and when payment is due. You will then send your request.

You will get an email confirmation of your request and also an email when payment is made. Make sure you do not ship until the payment has been posted to your paypal.

I hope this helps!

615amy09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:48 AM
Yes, that does help! Thank u!

Quoting mommytohuddy:

Definitely pay first, then ship. As for your paypal, you will click the request money tab, input their email address, input what they owe you, select goods and press submit (or enter). On the next screen, you have the option to input a specific message to your buyer. I always use this space to specify exactly what they are buying and when payment is due. You will then send your request.

You will get an email confirmation of your request and also an email when payment is made. Make sure you do not ship until the payment has been posted to your paypal.

I hope this helps!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)