Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so disorganized, therefore, inertia wins out

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:33 AM
  • 5 Replies

part of it is just the way my mind works, I have so many craft/art ideas, that have so many components to them i cant seem to get started on any one of them. anyone else have this problem? how do you get out of the inertia stage?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 21, 2011 at 11:00 AM

By sitting down and starting just one. :) Just pick one at random that you have all the supplies for. Or make a list and start at the top. :)

scorpiostungyou
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:11 AM

I do, big time. I tend to do alot of easy stuff because of it

shell3m
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I do this sometimes.  it's like you are excited to some crafts but at that moment it's overwhelming to your mind so you just do nothing at all and think of your crafts fondly.  What I do is I just pick up something to do, I don't think I just do and after a few min. I actually get into it and then I'm energized to keep going.  Like overcoming exhaustion.  Or I'll do a little bit on three different cross stitching patterns until I get focused on one and just stick with that one for awhile.  :)  I don't know if that's exactly what you mean but that's what happens to me.  :)

matreshka
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:34 PM

lol, thats EXACTLY what I mean :)

Quoting shell3m:

I do this sometimes.  it's like you are excited to some crafts but at that moment it's overwhelming to your mind so you just do nothing at all and think of your crafts fondly.  What I do is I just pick up something to do, I don't think I just do and after a few min. I actually get into it and then I'm energized to keep going.  Like overcoming exhaustion.  Or I'll do a little bit on three different cross stitching patterns until I get focused on one and just stick with that one for awhile.  :)  I don't know if that's exactly what you mean but that's what happens to me.  :)

MissElissa21
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Write a list of each thing you want to do and have all the stuff for and start from the middle! Or flip a coin and start working. Eventually they will all get done. I like to sew one whole easy project that way I am in the mood to work on something else when it's done and I wind up with 1 or 2 things done and something else started for next time I have some free time! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)