• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quilt for my grandma ((or)) good vibes for my grandma

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

My grandma is in the hospital for a nasty fall that happened at her nursing home (that's a whole nother story ending with, I refuse to pay $2000 a month for them to "take care of her" any longer.) She has a broken hip, shoulder, arm, and two ribs, and they claim this is a fall that happened from standing up too quickly out of bed o.O

Anyways I'm making a special quilt for her hospital bed because she has to have surgery and I'm flying home to Pittsburgh Tuesday to find a new nursing home and get her affairs in order (I'm her power of attorney) 

I'll add pictures when I get further along. It's a faux chenille quilt with black and white flannel and then shades of purple for the chenille (she loves purple lol). 

but if you could just keep her in your thoughts, pray, send good vibes I would really appreciate it. she pretty much raised me and i'm all she's got left in the world. and even though she's almost 90, i'm not ready to lose her!

by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nanalyn1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:53 PM

She is in my thoughts........

melliburger
by Melli on May. 21, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Sending ya good vibes!!!!!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Aw, I'll say a prayer for ya. :( That stinks, I can't believe they let her get hurt so badly.. did you file a complaint with their management and the state?

-JC-
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Aw, I'll say a prayer for ya. :( That stinks, I can't believe they let her get hurt so badly.. did you file a complaint with their management and the state?

yes. little things have happened before that irked me like they refused to give her advil when she asked for it until i got her a doctors note. and some of her personal possessions have gone missing... but my grandma loves the other residents and her roommate has been her best friend for a long time (before they moved into the home) so I let her stay because she wanted to. but i can no feel confident in letting her be there even if she wants to. she makes too much money for medicare so I personally pay $2000 a month for them to care for her. And this is just not acceptable. I don't really care if I have to pay more but she will be going somewhere else. 

And when I get to PA I will look into how to report mistreatment. I just can't really do it effectively from NE. 

angelbr
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:13 PM

awww thats sad. I work at an assisted living and I dont blame you for finding another place for her. I would find out how to get a hold of the corporate office and have them look into it also as well as filing a complaint with the state. Where I work sometimes they have to have dr orders to give residents any kind of medication so am not sure about where your grandma is. Hope she recovers quickly! Keep us updated.

muda1954
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:15 PM

So sorry to hear this,,she is in my thoughts and prayers,,God bless her!!!

jridgill
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Quoting muda1954:

So sorry to hear this,,she is in my thoughts and prayers,,God bless her!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-JC-
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2011 at 2:37 AM
I gotta finish cutting and add binding. But here's the start...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dqsmami06
by on May. 22, 2011 at 2:56 AM

aww mama thats so sweet of you! ill def. keep her in my thoughts and prayers. hope she gets well very soon and has a speedy recovery.

dqsmami06
by on May. 22, 2011 at 2:56 AM

Quoting -JC-:

I gotta finish cutting and add binding. But here's the start...

thats so pretty, looks so soft!

*I am a makeup loving, camera happy, loom knitting, soap making, soap opera loving, movie buffing, homemaking devoted wifey to Robert and loving mama to Dekori (4) and Dylan (20 Months)*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)