Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"senorita" party

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

Future senorita fans

So my daughter keeps talking about wanting a senorita party for her 8th birthday party where her friends can dance to cha-cha , make fans, and eat tacos. I told her no on the fans because of expense... Well well well... Garage sale 14 fans for a $1.
Now here is where I need your help... Outside of hot glue what should I plan to use as adhesive?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rdot
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:18 PM
Great find! Not sure but I think hot glue best to use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on May. 21, 2011 at 4:19 PM

LOCTITE SUPER GLUE! lolololol

I honestly don't know but AWESOME find :)

ZsMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:20 PM

You can "try" tacky glue-but if you're talking fast adhesive and no fumes (like E600) then I think hot glue is your option.

ZsMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:20 PM

BTW-Great score on the fans!!!!

Balancing
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Quoting mommytohuddy:

could you use the adhesive glue dots from the scrapbooking section? It might reduce mess and those things really hold on! I used them attach fabric to glass bottles for my wedding reception.

That is what I mentioned to my friend.  Do you think they would be strong enough to hold on silk floral buds?

Loctite super glue... can that glue fingers?  probably not a good idea for 8 year olds.. LOL    I think I will spray paint them prior to the party.  The lady said she planned to make "country craft" jack-o-lanterns out of them originally.    I am sure you all will see more about these fans in September/October.

ZsMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Personally-I'd have my doubts on those glue dots-I guess it depends on strength-but I had a project that used some and couldn't even keep fun foam to fun foam-I don't think it would hold the weight of the flowers-and silk can be a PITA to add to things at time.

Just my opinion...

Quoting Balancing:

Quoting mommytohuddy:

could you use the adhesive glue dots from the scrapbooking section? It might reduce mess and those things really hold on! I used them attach fabric to glass bottles for my wedding reception.

That is what I mentioned to my friend.  Do you think they would be strong enough to hold on silk floral buds?

Loctite super glue... can that glue fingers?  probably not a good idea for 8 year olds.. LOL    I think I will spray paint them prior to the party.  The lady said she planned to make "country craft" jack-o-lanterns out of them originally.    I am sure you all will see more about these fans in September/October.

ZsMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Cute display :)

Though fabric is still lighter than silk flowers and bamboo in general is tough to get things to hold...

Quoting mommytohuddy:

I think these were the ones I used and they held up just fine.

This is the project that I used them on.

Quoting ZsMommy:

Personally-I'd have my doubts on those glue dots-I guess it depends on strength-but I had a project that used some and couldn't even keep fun foam to fun foam-I don't think it would hold the weight of the flowers-and silk can be a PITA to add to things at time.

Just my opinion...

Quoting Balancing:

Quoting mommytohuddy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)