• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old is everyone?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:55 PM
  • 68 Replies

Poll

Question: How old are you?

Options:

under 18

18-24

25-29

30-34

35-39

40-44

45-49

50-54

55-59

60-64

65 or older

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 112

View Results

A couple of posts have made me start wondering how the age ranges within the group fall. While we all love crafts, it seems that our age might affect the areas we love and the ones we don't.

So no need to leave a comment of your age, as I know this is bothersome for some women. Although, if you hold no shame, feel free to share. Do you think your age influences the crafting areas you prefer to work in? Does it influence the style? Or is age for you a meanlingless number?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytohuddy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:57 PM

I am 24 and will be 25 in a just a couple of weeks. 25 honestly feels old to me, I do not know. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that most of friends are still in the college stage of life. Or at least in the beginning career area.

None of the couples that my husband and I are friends with have children...although we found out our favorite couple is expecting!

I think my age affects my crafting at times. I tend to prefer a tad more modern style than traditional.

melliburger
by Melli on May. 21, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I'm 21 :) WHOOHOO!

um I don't think it influences the crafts I do because I like doing EVERYTHING!!!!!

I will admit when I go out with my son I get the worst looks... and I get told I look about 15... fun fun fun The bad looks are usually from elderly who starte at me like some teenage mom who doesn't knwo what she's doing. siiiiigh lol

tnvplus2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:00 PM
25 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytohuddy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:03 PM

haha .... we get strange look sometimes because despite the fact my husband is only 2 months older than me, most people think he is in his 30s.

Quoting melliburger:

I'm 21 :) WHOOHOO!

um I don't think it influences the crafts I do because I like doing EVERYTHING!!!!!

I will admit when I go out with my son I get the worst looks... and I get told I look about 15... fun fun fun The bad looks are usually from elderly who starte at me like some teenage mom who doesn't knwo what she's doing. siiiiigh lol

DarkFaery131
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:04 PM

I'm 29.   I'm always in the yarn aisle for my crocheting with the little old ladies (no offense to any in the group! LOL) I never see anyone younger in that section.

the only "craft" I do that seems really effected by age is the digital scrapbooking.  It's a mostly younger crowd

ZsMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:08 PM

HaHaHa-I'm 42 (just turned couple weeks ago)

But my hubby is 32 (no-NOT a cougar-we've been married almost 12 years)-So the ongoing joke is I stopped celebrating birthdays when I turned 35...Until HE (!!!) catches up and turns 35-THEN (lol) I'll start counting again.

Funny part-is most people think he's older than me-BUWAHAHAHA!!!!

(I had Z when I was 31-Tween raising a child and raising a hubby-they both age me and yet keep me young)

clintam
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:10 PM
29 will be 30 end of june so I just picked 30-34
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisa101
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Im 29 But will be 30 on tuesday.

ZsMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Quoting mommytohuddy:

I am 24 and will be 25 in a just a couple of weeks. 25 honestly feels old to me, I do not know. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that most of friends are still in the college stage of life. Or at least in the beginning career area.

None of the couples that my husband and I are friends with have children...although we found out our favorite couple is expecting!

I think my age affects my crafting at times. I tend to prefer a tad more modern style than traditional.

I lived a backwards life-I ran off after HS and "married" (eloped in Denmark) the guy I dated in HS (big mistake)-He was in the service-I packed up n moved to Germany-lived there 3 years-took 6 years to get him to comply to a divorce. So when I came back-my friends I grew up with all were getting married and having babies...Me-I went out clubbing-they were doing that when I was being a "married woman"-One of my closest friends just had a son who graduated college the other day-lol-"she's old"-Me-nope-Miss Z is only going to be 11 next month.I still have an under teen-so I refuse to be "old"-lol

ballerina.2006
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:32 PM
Im 23. I take quilting classes with my mil and lots of older ladiea that could be my gramma. I love it though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)