Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you make your own swimsuit??

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

For all you wonderful sewing ladies out there, have you ever made your own swinsuit?  Is the material hard to work with?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MissElissa21
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:00 PM

I bought one that I need to adjust, but I am too chicken to do it! It's a halter that needs to be changed into one like a bra. I just tie the ends on the bottom tie, but I really need to sew it together.

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Quoting MissElissa21:

I bought one that I need to adjust, but I am too chicken to do it! It's a halter that needs to be changed into one like a bra. I just tie the ends on the bottom tie, but I really need to sew it together.

I think you would do a great job at it.  :)  Just take a deep breath and start sewing and when you are done I would love to see a photo.  Maybe to a before and after.  good luck!! :)

MrsKesler
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I was gonna try that last year, but I'm just not comfortable enough with myself to even put on a swimsuit! No swimming for me. I have worked with the material though, and it's a real pain. Just take it slow, and pin it well!

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Quoting MrsKesler:

I was gonna try that last year, but I'm just not comfortable enough with myself to even put on a swimsuit! No swimming for me. I have worked with the material though, and it's a real pain. Just take it slow, and pin it well!

lol, that's what I was thinking....pins, lots and lots of pins..lol   :)

jridgill
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:30 PM
I wouldn't attempt that. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM

No. But I do have a corduory swim suit, it's pretty amazing. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)