Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugggg trying to find a sewing machine......

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm trying to find a good sewing machine but I'm very broke right now, so I looked on craigslist, where people around you are selling things, and it used to be full of good deals but holy mother of goodness!!  the prices are super crazy!  Hubby is out of town so I can drive around to 2nd hand shops and get one today either.  It really sucks because I have a great idea for something but I need to start sewing the prototypes and can't because I can't get my hand on a freakin' sewing machine!  I guess I'll have to wait until Mon. to drive around and see what is out there but I want to start sewing today!!  I actually wanted to start about 2 days ago!  yes, I know I'm throwing a temper tantrum....LOL, but I hate waiting when I'm all geared up to do something you know?  Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.  :)

banging head into wall

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:11 PM

You go ahead and t hrow a temper tantrum! lol that's not cool :( Do you know what kind you want already?

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Quoting melliburger:

You go ahead and t hrow a temper tantrum! lol that's not cool :( Do you know what kind you want already?

LOL, cheap and works...lol,  I'm really not picky at the moment.  Later down the road I'll get a new one but right now I'm just looking for any thing that will do a good job and a good price.  :)

TheHappyChicken
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I put up a post on craigslist a while back asking for sewing machines (so i could repair them and make them pretty, old hobby)... i got sooo many emails from people who wanted to get rid of their old ones. You might want to try posting a 'want' ad on craigslist.. you might be able to find a working one for free. =)

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:32 PM

I'll try that.  Thank you so much!!  :)

Quoting TheHappyChicken:

I put up a post on craigslist a while back asking for sewing machines (so i could repair them and make them pretty, old hobby)... i got sooo many emails from people who wanted to get rid of their old ones. You might want to try posting a 'want' ad on craigslist.. you might be able to find a working one for free. =)

LuckyTat
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM

I have an acient one that you could HAVE but obviously that doesn't help :( sorry, that's really sad, I HATE when I have so much inspiration and it just isn't working out.

LiveLifeLoving
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:41 PM

You could try checking eBay.

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Quoting LuckyTat:

I have an acient one that you could HAVE but obviously that doesn't help :( sorry, that's really sad, I HATE when I have so much inspiration and it just isn't working out.

awww thanks.  It is frustrating.  :) 

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Quoting LiveLifeLoving:

You could try checking eBay.

Most people want you to go through paypal and I don't have anything like that.  :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)