Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

some constructive criticism please?!?! UPDATE 2nd UPDATE!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:32 PM
  • 44 Replies

here are two yarn wreath I have done.  I just started doing these and Im not sure what others think of them. What do you all think? what do they need? 

This is my Fall wreath and I think it needs a few more felt flowers and maybe a possible shorter ribbon to hang it by??

and my heart wreath that I mde for July 4th. this was the first one I did... I know it needs a better way to hang ...

UPDATE::

Well, the red white and blue one is no longer...I ripped it apart and started over...After staring at it and really looking at it I just didn't like it. So I redid it and Im pleased with it...I think...Does this one need anything else? Stars? flowers? Or is it fine the way it is?!?

UPDATE #2

So I came up with a new idea for the "fall" one and started over on this one as well... I re wrapped in in yarn and put on some dark brown to give it some more character. then I got some leaves, and some flowers and raffia and made this...I am in love with it! What do you all think? I even like it with the flowers being on the bottom..

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:37 PM

The first one looks more like Halloween to me.  Maybe some orange, yellow, brown leafs?? if you are going for a fall look.  I would buy it in a second for Halloween, it's beautiful for that.  :)   Love the second one!  :)

ceciliam
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I think they are both very nice. I really like the simplicity of them. I would use a thicker satin ribbon for hanging them. Very nice:)

sleepy_in_va
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:40 PM

that's what I was thinking too!

Quoting ceciliam:

I think they are both very nice. I really like the simplicity of them. I would use a thicker satin ribbon for hanging them. Very nice:)

sleepy_in_va
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:42 PM

The orange felt flowers I did have didn't match..they were like super orange! lol they were just a shade brighter than what I was going for.

Quoting shell3m:

The first one looks more like Halloween to me.  Maybe some orange, yellow, brown leafs?? if you are going for a fall look.  I would buy it in a second for Halloween, it's beautiful for that.  :)   Love the second one!  :)

Mommy_Burge
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:43 PM

I agree with the thicker satin ribbon to hang

I also agree that the first one looks a bit halloweenish as it is with just the colors. some leaves would be FANTASTIC on it...really get the FALL message across. :D

and teh 4th of july one...i immediately thought valentines day because of the heart....i would add some stars...maybe sparkly felt stars to be like fireworks.... or do a star shape instead of the heart with the red, white and blue,

super cute though! :D i love the whole concept of them :D

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM

lol, I hear ya! :)  What about the leaf idea?  red, orange, yellow leafs seem to go hand in hand with fall?  Whacha' think?

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

The orange felt flowers I did have didn't match..they were like super orange! lol they were just a shade brighter than what I was going for.

Quoting shell3m:

sleepy_in_va
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM

thanks ladies, I will definatley be getting some thicker ribbon for hanging. and I will be trying to add some more leaves and flowers on the "fall" one...I stopped as my fingers were tired from the rolling of the felt and I had burt one of my fingers with the hot glue gun! haha..

The heart one the reason it is a heart is because my hubby is a Marine and I like to be a little on the patriotic side (our DS is also a July 4th baby) and I did the heart and the red, white and blue thread to show "love" for our country..that was my vision.

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I agree with the stars idea for the 4th of July one.  It would really say 4th of July for that one.  :)  I cross stitch so I understand about tired fingers...lol  :) 

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

thanks ladies, I will definatley be getting some thicker ribbon for hanging. and I will be trying to add some more leaves and flowers on the "fall" one...I stopped as my fingers were tired from the rolling of the felt and I had burt one of my fingers with the hot glue gun! haha..

The heart one the reason it is a heart is because my hubby is a Marine and I like to be a little on the patriotic side (our DS is also a July 4th baby) and I did the heart and the red, white and blue thread to show "love" for our country..that was my vision.

sleepy_in_va
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Im going to have to go to walmart again and see what other colors of felt they have...I was lucky I had that orange one, I'd gotten a pack of felt around christmas time for my dd and I to do crafts with and that was the only orange color in the pack. :( lol I think I will try to do some reds and yellows though and maybe do some leaves as well.

Quoting shell3m:

lol, I hear ya! :)  What about the leaf idea?  red, orange, yellow leafs seem to go hand in hand with fall?  Whacha' think?

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Quoting shell3m:

Mommy_Burge
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:16 PM

well that makes it make more sense :D i can see the "love for our country" theme :D

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)