Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Completely off topic..

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:26 PM
  • 18 Replies
Today... SUCKED. So last week I got my brakes on my car done ($600) when I picked my car up the driver's window was broken (stuck rolled down) and I believe the guy when he says "all I did was roll it down, didn't even know it was broken until you just told me!" because the doors been making a weird noise when I lock it, anyway, I got that fixed today ($375), and when I went to lock my doors when I got out at the shop to drop my keys off the freakin key fob wouldn't work. At all. So the guy switched the batteries out for me, nope. Still not working. Now everytime I get in my car I have to use the key which wouldn't be so bad except 1) there is only a key hole in the driver door, 2) I have two kids, one an infant so I now have to go to my door carrying heavy baby on carseat and unlock all the doors, walk around and put her in, and 3) the worst part, when I use the key to unlock my door instead of the key fob, my alarm goes off until I start the car, and not only start it, but turn the key over three times THEN start it. WHY MEEEEEE?! I've been told it's over $100 to replace my key fob, and then I have to pay the dealership to program the key. :( I just want my husband today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissElissa21
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Oh man! Hopefully tomorrow is better! All this electric stuff is making the country broke!

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:29 PM

:( I'm sorry :( I always seems whenever they are gone everything goes chaotic and nothing works anymore! ((((((HUGS)))))

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:30 PM

WTH. That's nuts. I'd be like, yo, dudes. You guys jacked my car up because it worked before I brought it here. Fix it, or meet my lawyers, jerkfaces. Odds are they knocked a fuse loose. I'm sorry, chick. :( That really sucks!

LuckyTat
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Well the window thing I honestly don't think it was their fault, and the key fob broke when I was dropping the car off :-/  so neither could be their fault.  Sigh.  I wish it was... it would be cheaper for me... lol

kmencl3210
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:37 PM

my remote barely works for my car... i have to be stand at the drivers door and have the remote within about a foot of the door lol but my key doesnt work in the door (and like yours only the drivers door has the lil keyhole thing).. okay it works BUT you have to put the key in pull up on it, turn it exactly right, use your hip against it, etc and since i got preggo i cant do it.... but i found out they have remote things pretty cheap at auto part stores and some of them will even program it for you if you ask or they have directions on how to program it yourelf :)

LuckyTat
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I will ABSOLUTELY be looking in to that!!

LuckyTat
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:47 PM

You're right, Wednesday I had to take my 5year old DD to the emergency room because she woke up and couldn't breath :-/ I mean her lips were blue.  I was so afraid I was gonna get pulled over speeding to the hospital.  Sigh

Quoting melliburger:

:( I'm sorry :( I always seems whenever they are gone everything goes chaotic and nothing works anymore! ((((((HUGS)))))

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Poor girlie! As soon as my husband left for a two month training thing, we started having rodent and roach problems and so much other things. THen he came back and everything got fixed including hte car not wanting to start and we would have to have it jumped every time. Now since he's deployed so much crap has happened, and now we're STILL having rodent problems even though for the last year we've bugged housing about it.

you deserve lots and lots of hugs!

Quoting LuckyTat:

You're right, Wednesday I had to take my 5year old DD to the emergency room because she woke up and couldn't breath :-/ I mean her lips were blue.  I was so afraid I was gonna get pulled over speeding to the hospital.  Sigh

Quoting melliburger:

LuckyTat
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:55 PM

deployments SUCK.  Hubby's been gone for actual deployment since December 7th, but we haven't seen him since November 24th.  He gets back into the states on June 7th, we'll get to see him for a week June 11th, then he goes on leave June 30th, which is when we'll move to San Diego and FINALLY live together again.  But then he goes on deployment again in October.  It's like I'm proud of him, and I love the military because they take care of us and it's a great career... but... I would like to see my husband for more than a few day/weeks/months at a time!!

Quoting melliburger:

Poor girlie! As soon as my husband left for a two month training thing, we started having rodent and roach problems and so much other things. THen he came back and everything got fixed including hte car not wanting to start and we would have to have it jumped every time. Now since he's deployed so much crap has happened, and now we're STILL having rodent problems even though for the last year we've bugged housing about it.

you deserve lots and lots of hugs!

Quoting LuckyTat:

Quoting melliburger:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Man that sucks!!!!   I am so sorry!  ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)