Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about Pricing...taking my stuff to a craft festival sunday....

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

for the ribbon sculptures w/ the bottle caps, what do you ladies think a reasonable price would be on them?? 

i'm sooo terrible at pricing things..! for instance, my most expensive bow is 6.50, and that comes w/ a headband...gah. i really hate asking people for money lol.

so, what do you ladies think??

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tierneyschrader
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM

parkerkamismom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Remember, you're not asking for money, you're selling handmade goods.  Your time, materials and product are what they are paying for.

I'm bad at pricing too, but then again, I've only sold stuff at my garage sale so far.  lol

jerseymomto3
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I am a little new to all the craft things that are out there... So forgive me, but is the items you make a decoration or something one can ware???

Jenn8604
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM
I asked this same question and got quite a bit of answers. I go with the 3xs what it took to buy the product u used. that way u can include time spent working on it. or google it and see if other pple make ur stuff and sell for a tiny bit less than they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:13 PM
and 6.50 isnt alot for a really nice bow hon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tierneyschrader
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:21 PM

it's okay =) everything i make are for your hair to wear them in =) ribbons, bows, flower clips, and these ribbon sculpture clips =)

Quoting jerseymomto3:

I am a little new to all the craft things that are out there... So forgive me, but is the items you make a decoration or something one can ware???

eFreak23
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Rule of thumb is 3 times your cost.  I don't follow this rule, but it is the general rule of thumb for pricing.  :-)

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:38 PM

I look at my monthly expenses vs. my monthly income. Starting out, don't expect to make a profit off every single thing you make. I think that being realistic and pricing with an equal quality market is what determines a lot of hand crafters success.

tierneyschrader
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:30 PM

thanks gals! =)

i thought maybe $3 each, and then have 4 for $10...?? 

does that sound reasonable??

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Offering a deal is a great way to go! :D Brilliant idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)