Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

big or small??!? **update, pic added :)

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:23 PM
  • 23 Replies

So I spent the last month thinking about how I wanted the invites for my son's birthday to look....however..I completely forgot about the part that actually has the info haha

Maybe it is the fact I work on text ALL day, but I only focused on the actual invite holder. The holder is going to be a Mickey House head with shorts that create a little pocket. The pocket is 5.5 in in diameter. I was considering a very small postcard folded in half. But my husband suggested a business card size.

This then got the creative thoughts flowing. I thought it might be cute to make them like an old movie ticket. Would it be weird for the text part to be this small? It would be double-sided and most likely 2 cards per invite.

----

Ok I strayed away from the first vision I had, but made it much more little kid friendly. So far, I think I really like it...that could change when I wake up tomorrow haha...This will be a double-sided business card, glossy front (yellow side).

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I don't think it'd be too weird... It's about the average size of books and such :) Aw can't wait to see pics of your invites!

mommytohuddy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:29 PM

I have all of the main parts put together...just gotta get the shorts put on...bunch of naked mickey heads running around my crafting table hahaha

Quoting melliburger:

I don't think it'd be too weird... It's about the average size of books and such :) Aw can't wait to see pics of your invites!

melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:30 PM

NOT NAKED MICKEYS! =O

LOL sorry... couldn't resist ;)

Quoting mommytohuddy:

I have all of the main parts put together...just gotta get the shorts put on...bunch of naked mickey heads running around my crafting table hahaha

Quoting melliburger:

jaden_122308
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:31 PM

haha and i think it would be fine to have it small

Quoting mommytohuddy:

Quoting melliburger:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers
MissElissa21
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:36 PM

hahaha!!!! I think movie tickets would be cute!

Quoting melliburger:

NOT NAKED MICKEYS! =O

LOL sorry... couldn't resist ;)

Quoting mommytohuddy:

Quoting melliburger:

shell3m
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:05 AM

well big is an eye catcher but it will boarder on tacky if done right so I can why you would also think of small......is there anyway to make one of each and see which one would jump out at you.  :)  Sounds cute!  :)

mommytohuddy
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:23 AM

sneak peek in a few.... :)

Quoting shell3m:

well big is an eye catcher but it will boarder on tacky if done right so I can why you would also think of small......is there anyway to make one of each and see which one would jump out at you.  :)  Sounds cute!  :)

mommytohuddy
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:53 AM

added picture

melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:21 AM

awwwww that's cute.

and when I read "see you real soon" in my head it was in Mickey's voice at the end of the show when he waves and says "see ya real soon" HAHAHA We've watched quite a bit of Mickey here....

mommytohuddy
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:34 AM
I can't decide whether to put you or ya. It sounds like ya but the sign at disney says you.....ahhhh decisions haha

Quoting melliburger:

awwwww that's cute.

and when I read "see you real soon" in my head it was in Mickey's voice at the end of the show when he waves and says "see ya real soon" HAHAHA We've watched quite a bit of Mickey here....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)