Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

tutu with crochet top??

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 8:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm going to be making tutu dresses for my daughters and I'm trying to decide what size crochet headband to use for the dress. The choices are 1.5", 2.75", and 5". My twins are 4 months old and my oldest is 2 years old. I want to make a headband too so I'm guessing I would use the 1.5" for their headbands but I'm not sure what size to use for the top of the tutu dress... Have any of you made these?? If so, what advice can you give me?? Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jerseymomto3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I use the 1.5 for headbands.  For the tops you can use the 5" headbands and just use a little more tulle for the dress, plus 5" is a good size for the 4 month olds.   Here is a picute of a dress I made using the 5"...

BethRae
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Now do you have to use a ribbon to do a dress or do you just tie the tulle to the crochet headband? How much tulle did you use to make this dress?? I have only made one tutu before and I did it after watching a tutu tutorial on youtube lol. I've never made a dress before.

Quoting jerseymomto3:

I use the 1.5 for headbands.  For the tops you can use the 5" headbands and just use a little more tulle for the dress, plus 5" is a good size for the 4 month olds.   Here is a picute of a dress I made using the 5"...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

DarkFaery131
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:10 PM

I'd go with 5" on all of the tutus, 1.5" on the headbands.

sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:13 PM

from what it looks like to me. the picture is showing that it is looped through the top.

Quoting BethRae:

Now do you have to use a ribbon to do a dress or do you just tie the tulle to the crochet headband? How much tulle did you use to make this dress?? I have only made one tutu before and I did it after watching a tutu tutorial on youtube lol. I've never made a dress before.

Quoting jerseymomto3:

BethRae
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:19 PM

That's what I thought.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

from what it looks like to me. the picture is showing that it is looped through the top.

Quoting BethRae:

Quoting jerseymomto3:

jridgill
by Jennifer on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:40 PM
These are so pretty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerseymomto3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:44 PM

I use ribbon around the neck as a little extra.  I don't think you have to I just like having it there so that when the girls are real active with the dress on it will not slide down, it is knotted so this way the ribbon can be removed if she does not want it on.  For this dress I used a little over 100 yards but I like my dresses full and poofy.

Quoting BethRae:

Quoting jerseymomto3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN