Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! :-/

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:19 PM
  • 14 Replies
I am so frustrated right now. I have so many ideas floating around in my head. I want to sew right now! I have no crafting space. In order to sew, I have to get the card table from the kitchen, put it next to my bed, and then sit on my bed to sew. From there, my 1 y/o climbs on my bed & tries to touch the machine. Once they go to bed, I am tired. I rush to clean up, wash dishes, & pick up the rest of the toys.

Is it too much to ask for time to myself or a bigger place so I can have space for crafting??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Not too much to ask IMO LOL

I can't wait until we move and I can have my area in our spare bedrooms (I refuse to move into anything less than a 4 bedroom for that very reason). Right now I'm lucky enough to have a desk to work at, and a bookshelf for all my stuff

TAG_ur_it
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:07 PM

no, it's not too much to ask. one of the reasons i chose the condo we're moving to is because even though it's a downsize, it's still got enough room for me to snag a corner for my stuff.  

DarkFaery131
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:25 PM

I sew at the kitchen table. 

jaden_122308
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Quoting DarkFaery131:

me too

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers
lil_mama06
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I haven't crafted in a long time...I get frusterated as well...Whenever I tried to do anything my 4 year old says NO NO Mama...

MrsChairez
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:41 PM
We don't have a kitchen table. Yeah, it sucks. Lol.

Quoting DarkFaery131:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell3m
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:51 PM

my cross stitching is easier on that because I can do it on the couch while I watch tv but my jewelry I have to do at our dining room table.  I have lug everything out and set it up and then when I'm done I have put it all back up and put it back in my room....lol  it's crazy, and no it's not too much to ask for a bigger crafting space.  My youngest son is 14 months old so I feel your pain on that one...lol 

mom2emmitt
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:42 PM
I don't think its to much to ask.
Currently I'm set up in the dining room(we don't use it since we have an eating space off the kitchen) I've had to put up gates to keep the dogs and DS out. We will be moving soon(DH is getting transferred by his company)my requirements for the next place is something with a "den", 4 bedrooms or a finished basement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Nah. Can you use the kitchen table? Or maybe get a small desk or build a shelf to set your machine on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsChairez
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:48 AM
I'm working on getting a desk. I think it would be much better. Money is tight, but I have to do something! Lol. Thanks ladies. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)