Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

craft rooms

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:13 AM
  • 13 Replies

I NEED HELP! My husband is going to build me a craft room.  It is going to have to be everything I need in case he never gets this generous again.  Now I have been looking at plans, but none of them seem to address all that I need and want.  What things would you HAVE to have?  I don't sew with sewing machine but I knit crochet bead draw and would like to be able to have it all organized.  If you have a room please post a picture so I can get more ideas.  Most of the pictures I have found are sewing rooms or wrapping stations.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
northernmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:24 AM

if i had the option to build a craft room i would want a wall of drawers, cupboards and shelves. i currently have 2 desks and a wall of peg board and a dresser and thats all i really need. if you draw you may want a desk or table that tilts. you may want a comfy chair for when you do yarn work. i dunno, what do you "want"?

melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:58 PM

well lot sof table space and storange areas like shelves and such would be ideal. Especially when ebading you need shelfs to put your organizers on. just lots of room and space to do your stuff on.

shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Let me look around and see what I can find for pictures of rooms, be right back.  :)

MommiE8983
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:07 PM
I love seeing other peoples craft spaces. How nice of your dh to do that for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:08 PM

there are TONS AND TONS of pictures in this link.  :)

ok, damn my computer is being stupid.  I'll let you how to get there.  type in MSN.com and go there.  See the search bar on the page itself.  Type in pictures of craft rooms.

This first on the list should say     Images of pictures of Crafting rooms.  click on that.  There is close if not over about 100 pictures of all kinds of different craft rooms.  Maybe you can get ideas from these rooms and put together your own.  Hope that helps.   If you can't get to it I'll try to send the link in an email to you.  :)

Kilhara
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Shelves and peg boards sound good. 

Kilhara
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Here are some yarn storage ideas:

http://jdorganizer.blogspot.com/2007/03/3-ways-to-store-your-yarn.html

Bead/craft room ideas on pinterest-

http://pinterest.com/sue_reaney2/bead-room-craft-room/

And here is an article on designing your craft room.

GramaKim
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Oh Thank you.  Now I am looking at pictures and I want every room!

Balancing
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:07 PM
I think open space cibes where you could sort your yarn and have it visible/easy to reach
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Lol
Sounds like me. I am getting a craft room next year too and I live looking at other rooms and dream.

Quoting GramaKim:

Oh Thank you.  Now I am looking at pictures and I want every room!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)