Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Handmade blanket we got from the hospital...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:25 PM
  • 34 Replies

My youngest son has pneumonia as we found out this morning at 1 am when we took him to the Hospital in our town.  As you ladies know the some hospital have that program where you can make blankets for the sick kids?  Well we got one.  Jackson is doing ok, he is still eating from his bottle and we have meds for him.  He has to take 5 mill.  4x a day but that should kick the crap out of this pneumonia.  I just wanted to share the pictures of the blanket we got, I'll always be grateful for the woman who took the time to make this.  For the ladies that do this, you have no idea how much it means to the mom and child that is going to recieve it.  A small happiness in the mix of worry and the the ladies who where thinking of doing this.... please do.  It really is an amazing thing.  Anyway, here's the blanket and of Jackson back at home.

Jackson all dopped up looking because of his meds playing with his new blanket, which he LOVES.  :)

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:37 PM

hope he feels better soon. its great that the blanket can make him a little more comfy!!!

melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:39 PM

awwww that is a pretty awesome program!

I hoep your little guy gets better soon!

shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Thank you and agree with you 100%  It seems to calm him down.

Quoting RADmomma:

hope he feels better soon. its great that the blanket can make him a little more comfy!!!

shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:47 PM

it really is, I wish I knew how to sew better and thank you so much Melli for your well wishes.  ((Hugs))

Quoting melliburger:

awwww that is a pretty awesome program!

I hoep your little guy gets better soon!

corrinacs
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:47 PM

That is absolutely fantastic!  I love the blanket and hope that your LO gets better soon!  Ive been down that road MANY Times :/

usmc.momma
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:50 PM
When my hubby was deployed to Afghanistan he had to go to a hospital in Germany. Every service member got a handmade quilt. My hubby took pictures but he was not able to bring it home :( he said that having that quilt made him feel better because he was appreciated by a complete stranger!!

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack. Just wanted to say how things like that make a difference to patients.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Quoting corrinacs:

That is absolutely fantastic!  I love the blanket and hope that your LO gets better soon!  Ive been down that road MANY Times :/

thank you so much.  ((hugs))  and I know what you mean...lol  Jackson is the youngest of 3 boys and well......the hospital knows us by name now....LOL

shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:53 PM

oh no, don't worry about it.  :)  I loved hearing your story and I agree, it's the small things that make a situation seem a little better.  Thank you ((hugs))

Quoting usmc.momma:

When my hubby was deployed to Afghanistan he had to go to a hospital in Germany. Every service member got a handmade quilt. My hubby took pictures but he was not able to bring it home :( he said that having that quilt made him feel better because he was appreciated by a complete stranger!!

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack. Just wanted to say how things like that make a difference to patients.

AngryBob
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:54 PM

aw, i'm so sorry your l/o has pnemonia. my dd and i both got it earlier this year, and the poor thing was just miserable.

i'm glad that blanket brightened up your visit - now the bad moment can have a sweet memory to it.

whimsyjuggalett
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:55 PM

hope he feels better soon, that was real nice of them to give you a blanket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)